Engine Build Questions for 12v

My 2wd will be my DD, the drag truck will be the 94 4wd in my signature.

Right, I was just getting at you are going to lighten the crap out of the 4wd to get down to a 2wds weight. They say you can drop 400lbs just by swapping to 9" diffs, shortbed drops like 200lbs, ect.

Ya, Im gonna try like hell! But hopefully get it pretty close.

Though I am curious to smokems suggestion on the pump? Hopefully he'll chime in again.

Ya, Im gonna try like hell! But hopefully get it pretty close.

Though I am curious to smokems suggestion on the pump? Hopefully he'll chime in again.

Try sending him a PM he's on at weird times sometimes. ;)

So is 13mm barrels and plungers worth it for 600cc? Use the bigger pump to keep pressures up and not have to run my 12mm on the ragged edge, and risk burning it up? Just have the bigger pump set lower and use the fuel etc to cool it?

Use the 13mm P7100, the turbine size will limit the amount of fuel you can use more than most other variables.

Thanks for the input. Ill be running the 83/74 s400 wheel, with probably a 1.0 housing and 50mm gate. The Turbo will be built be E.D and their gate. Hoping those will allow me to run at least 600cc ?

Like I said previously, 600cc's is going to be the high side. N20 may allow you to over fuel it a bit and be successful, but on fuel only you will not make your best hp there.

Ill be spraying it, and not concerned about a hp number, just want an E.T number. But this will get me started. Thanks smokem. Just need some help on the block now, and choice on pistons etc.

Does anyone know the NADM or NHRDA rules/specs for roll cages? Like O.D, gauge, etc? The minimum diameter, minimum gauge?

OK tell me what you guys think.

Mahle Pistons, 17.5:1 Compression, micro polished rods, balanced rotating assembly, line bore, blah blah typical bottom end work. Mild cam, aggressive port work, 5 angle valve cut, bigger valves etc... Going kinda of aggressive on the head. Got the trans worked out, gonna run a high rear end, trap bout 3300rpm. And barely spin 4k down the track and use the rear end gear to keep pulling me without having to spin high RPM. After sitting down with the injector builder, ill be runnig a 13mm pump set to 530-550cc strickly for the added pressure and a little cooling effect. Dual fed etc,etc...

Back