engine dies

skilletky

i love lamp
the other day i was pulling out of the drive way and mashed on it. the engine started to stumble and died. it had steady 16 psi of fuel prssure, tranny was at 140 degress and the engine was warm. thought i was sucking air from somewhere and that was not it. thought maybe my fuel pressure guage was not reading right so i hooked up a known accurate mechanical guage on the FASS. it was reading the same as my guage in the dash. mashed on it again later in the day and it did the same thing. anyone have any idea what it could be? ip maybe about to make an exit? i have not really got on it after that so i don't know if it was just a one time deal.

Mine done that about a year ago, it was the wire on the fire wall running to the fuel shut off that one of the fusable links had went bad. May not be your prob but thats what mine was doing.?????

thing is are you seeing 16 psi when you mash on it or is it dropping to zero might be giving you the pressure but not the volume needed.

Check the SPADE connector at the shut of solenoid. Mine did that and that sucker was loose. Crimped it slightly to give a better grip and all is well. Now, you can take a little more time and change the spade for a the O style connector. Guaranteed connection.

What causes this the the engine vibrations. No vibes, no loose connections.

or the shut off solinoid could have went bad, After checking the connection, pull it, gut it (remove the plunger and spring), put it back and start the truck. If This works you will need to shut it off with the manual shut down lever on the side the pump.

Back