Exhaust/Boost leak?

schnutsy

My 08 f250 6.4 recently started making a squeal sound and has been getting progressively louder the more I drive it. When I removed the air intake it sounded like it was coming from the small turbo. I shut the truck off and checked the turbo out. No shaft play and is getting oil. I have also lost about 6 pounds of boost at WOT. Could this be a gasket/seal gone bad? Bellow getting ready to blow? Only makes the sound when the truck starts making boost. No sound when idling or coasting. Has anyone else had this problem? Or ideas of what it might be? thanks

Small turbo is the vgt turbo so it might be vanes sticking on it. Might be actuator for vgt. Might also check the u-shaped pipe that connects the turbos. Really I'm shooting in the dark but those are some problems that could be coming from the area you described.

Boots are all good. Going to check the bellows they are probably cracked. You can see soot in the motor compartment when you rev the truck at idle.

Uppipe bellows are pretty common on 6.4's. My woman's truck does the same thing between 20-30psi. I tightened the boost tubes for ****s and giggles. just gonna deal with it until a weekend comes where I feel like pulling the cab

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Boots are all good. Going to check the bellows they are probably cracked. You can see soot in the motor compartment when you rev the truck at idle.

I'd guess this is more than likely your issue. If its not some anither area to check is elbow where up-pipes bolt to manifold.

This is what you will find if you pull the cab. You can see them with the cab on. You have to work a bit but if there is soot on them they are leaking.
uploadfromtaptalk1389409794780.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1389409860039.jpg

Back