Exhaust Question for 6.4

Smokinrebel

Friend of mine has an '09 450 with 6.4. Currently he has a few banks products on it...but isn't too happy. He was really wanting to work with the exhaust some. I know that these are similar to the 6.7 cummins in that you can't just straight pipe them like my old 24v. I know they have the dpf's and what not...(not very firmilair with these yet) But my question is can anyone give me some info for this guy? Maybe some way to get rid of exhaust, and straight pipe it, or a better running program for it.

I know i sound like a complete noob here...but i know jack about these trucks...any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Brian

We just installed a dpf delete kit and a spartan tuner on my boss's 6.4 and his mileage went up 4miles p gallon. Pretty easy to do just make sure you get the right tunes to get rid of the regen cycle. And you wont pass emissions if you take it off

He went with the flo pro dual 4" exhaust, no muffler, it sounds great and was a relatively easy install, we had to trim a few pieces to make it fit the way we wanted it too. And at least tack weld all the pieces when you are done as the clamps they send will not hold it all together.

will that cover the dpf delete? From my understanding you have to full the computer into thinking the dpf is still working?

We just installed a dpf delete kit and a spartan tuner on my boss's 6.4 and his mileage went up 4miles p gallon. Pretty easy to do just make sure you get the right tunes to get rid of the regen cycle. And you wont pass emissions if you take it off

So u cant get rid of the regen cycle with the tunes that come on the SCT? I know you can clear the code but how long will it last if i clear it? I have all the stuff and getting ready to do it today so just wondering. Thanks

Dont have a clue about the SCT. If it goes into regen without the filter it will smoke out a whole town.

Back