Exhaust

dltnjarrel

I have a 99 7.3 with 90,000 miles. I was wondering if i cut the stock cat and muffler off would it help? Should i do that for now until i get my 5'' MBRP which will be about 6-8 months, or just wait?

Straight piping the stock exhaust is good. I wouldnt get a 5" exhaust though, just stick with a 4" turbo back.

if you can striaght pipe it now for cheap or free....I say do it. it sounds awesome and the truck loves it.

whats the difference between the 4'' and 5'' straight pipe? i know it cant be that big of a difference

whats the difference between the 4'' and 5'' straight pipe? i know it cant be that big of a difference

the bigger you go the deeper the sound. i have a 3" wrapped down pipe and i bought 2 adapters to immeadiatley step up to 5" then I am running theat to dump infront of the rear tire.

5" sounds big and deep. i like it.

We installed a Rollin Smoke Diesel 5" straight on my buddies 2000 and it sounds freakin awsome its the best sounding 7.3L ive ever heard

When you really get into it it just roars

I wouldn't even waste the time straight piping the stock exhaust there to restrictive just buy the 5" and get it over with

P.S. i wouldn't buy MBRP their like $500 the best i mean best deal is the RSD $300 shipped for 5" straight trust me ive looked and looked

Steve

Also since you have a cat that usaully means you have the older 7.3L id spend the money and buy a stock turbo,injectors,and computer that way you atleast have the power a stock 2000-up has

Just my 2cents

Steve

If your gonna straight pipe it, which i have, just go 4'' from the turbo back. No need for a 5". And check out Farmboydiesel, cant remember the exact price but i know it was the best around when i bought it.

i cut my cat out and put in a 4" turbo back silverline on my early 99. I installed it first with the muffler and took it for a 2 minute ride- came back and deleted the muffler.

Straight pipe that bad boy! You will love it.

Back