F-450 fuel pump

Swamp Star

Go big or go home
Does anybody make a drop in replacement pump for a 450? I looked on FASS but came up empty. All the OEM replacements are around the $400 mark. There is really no need for a big fancy set up on this truck because it only has a superchips set on the tow tune. not to mention its always on a right of way and Im worried it would get snatched off.

does it run fine at idle and after you drive it for about 15 min or so start chuggin and losing power like its starving for fuel?(cuz it is) If so.. Odds are you have a steel tank and the liner has come apart and is cloggin the pick up in the tank. That means you get to drop the tank and clean it out and clean the pick up assembly.. Hope this helps

Well the liner had started deteriorate. We put a new tank and pump in and same thing. Turns out the durn pick up o-ring got pushed up causing it to suck air. All is good now.

pickup O-ring? got a pic. Did it only do it under half tank? Anyway, I did put you in the right direction.. you we me a beer. LOL

Last edited:
It was the pickup o-ring and yep under half a tank it would die. We like to have never found it. When we picked up the recoated tank at Ford there psd mechanic put our stuff in the new tank and got it jacked up. I will be happy to buy you a beer or 20.

Yeah we held on to. Never know when youll need something like that.

Oh yeah. There cleaned and ready for the next time. No telling when that will be as many of these trucks as we buy and sell. Its a good thing my brother went threw Fords PSD school, well when all they had was 7.3's. At least he knows whats going on with them and I got the Cummins end somewhat covered.......

Back