Fass 150/180 Problem

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
I have an 04 F-350 with a FASS 150/180 and the fuse (in-line fuse) blew, I was wondering what would could cause that to happen????

Thanks,

Fuzzy

In short.... A short. Have you tried a new fuse?

Yes i have, its working fine. it happen yesterday, but what would cause it. there has to be reason!

I have an 04 F-350 with a FASS 150/180 and the fuse (in-line fuse) blew, I was wondering what would could cause that to happen????

Thanks,

Fuzzy
did you install the 1/2 pick up in the tank?
if you did how much space did you leave at the bottom of the tube?
Did your wiring harness include a relay?
if not how is it wired?
have you checked voltage at the pump?

Dan i will have the dealer call you.
It popped 4 more fuses and i barley made it home from florida.
yes i have the 1/2 pickup tube installed, its about a 1/8" from the bottom.
I wired it the way the instructions told me too.

I am having the same issue with the FASS 150-180 1010. I have my pickup tube that the kit came with gapped from the bottom of the tank as suggested in the directions. Always sounds like its sucking air makes a moaning/mixing gulping sound at all times on top of the usual loud whine.

Has quit while driving on me several times left me on the side of the road changing fuses on my 98 12V.

I am having the same issue with the FASS 150-180 1010. I have my pickup tube that the kit came with gapped from the bottom of the tank as suggested in the directions. Always sounds like its sucking air makes a moaning/mixing gulping sound at all times on top of the usual loud whine.

Has quit while driving on me several times left me on the side of the road changing fuses on my 98 12V.

Yes thats how mine sounds, its gets really annoying. and it almost left me in NC on my way home from vacation. I just hope that it didnt screw my injectors up when the fuses were popping.

Fuses poppin....Better call Dan about that. Mine only popped the fuse by the pump motor 3 times, before the motor itself was toast. Dan got me fixxed up thou.

I think i went threw 6 fuses from NC to my house in NY. Dan is helping me out alot.
Also whats the best way to wire thre pump. to the fuse panel or to the stock wiring harness?

I blew a fuse on the initial startup because the motor locked up. Installed a new fuse and motor kicked off and immediately started pumping. No problems since, except with fuel pressure dropping from 55 to 40.

The same thing happened to me last summer on my pull truck. I blew four or five fuses, then called Dan. He sent me a new pump and it worked fine, pulled the truck four or five times and broke a rod. I hope the pump still works this year.

I think i went threw 6 fuses from NC to my house in NY. Dan is helping me out alot.
Also whats the best way to wire thre pump. to the fuse panel or to the stock wiring harness?

I used the FASS wiring harness, and a relay. Used the stock "Latching Signal" wire from the stock pump wiring to close the relay, and thats it.

The power from the battery is stopped at the relay, until the signal from the stock wiring harness tells it to "START". then the relay closes, and sends power through the relay, and through the FASS wiring harness to the pump motor.

I installed a 30 amp fuse between the battery, and the relay power connection, and retained the 30 amp fuse/holder by the FASS motor, just to be safe.

Well the Granny Truck started blowing fuses again! This time it DID leave me stranded in NC and cost me a $250 tow bill, along with 2 nights in a hotel. This all happening while trying to move home to Arkansas. I made it all of 2 miles before blowing the fuse after changing it! I had a 900 mile trip to make by myself. The culprit was the little black check ball that is too small and had gotten sucked in and it was causing the fuses to blow. This was not the first time FASS had seen this occur. I am running the 150/180. Thankfully my dealer was kind enough to take HIS unit off of his truck and put it on mine to get me back on the road to get me home or I would have still been sitting in NC today! Don't get this old lady started! Sorry for the rant but this is an issue that was known about and nothing was said to those of us that have the older models, so to speak. It was just a matter of time before this happened. I hope this post alerts others to the situation that if they have an older model to at least call FASS and get the larger check balls because if you have the smaller ones, it will happen. I am thankful I have good friends who take care of their people and are willing to do whatever it takes to get them home safely. Thank you Scott @ TU

Well the Granny Truck started blowing fuses again! This time it DID leave me stranded in NC and cost me a $250 tow bill, along with 2 nights in a hotel. This all happening while trying to move home to Arkansas. I made it all of 2 miles before blowing the fuse after changing it! I had a 900 mile trip to make by myself. The culprit was the little black check ball that is too small and had gotten sucked in and it was causing the fuses to blow. This was not the first time FASS had seen this occur. I am running the 150/180. Thankfully my dealer was kind enough to take HIS unit off of his truck and put it on mine to get me back on the road to get me home or I would have still been sitting in NC today! Don't get this old lady started! Sorry for the rant but this is an issue that was known about and nothing was said to those of us that have the older models, so to speak. It was just a matter of time before this happened. I hope this post alerts others to the situation that if they have an older model to at least call FASS and get the larger check balls because if you have the smaller ones, it will happen. I am thankful I have good friends who take care of their people and are willing to do whatever it takes to get them home safely. Thank you Scott @ TU

I’m sorry that the system left you stranded. This is an issue we are working on with our dealers. I have several already stocking these balls to correct this issue. Most of the kits starting early this year, already have this update. For the 150 series anything higher than 16,015 has the update. In the 95 Series, anything higher than 2,418 should have the update.

Now the ball being pushed though would not cause your pump to blow fuses.....actually it would cause the exact opposite. It would totally unload the pump. The balls purpose is to separate the suction passage and the pressure passage. This is a safety feature that if the pump was to shut down, the ball would dislodge and allow fuel to be drawn though the FASS, though the filters and keep the engine running. Now in the case of the Power Strokes, they require high pressure to run the engine. This is when we started seeing this balls being pushed though. Never an issue before. So we corrected on our end to alleviate this issue.

At this time we are handling the any issue as a case per case basis as the issues are relatively few and far between. But if any wish to get the larger ball if their unit SN (not the Motor SN on the T-block above the suction line) is older than the ones posted, contact your selling dealer.

Did you fill out your warrenty papers and send them in so they would be able to get a hold of you if any update need to bedone.

Dale

Thank you for your response Dan. It was just a very frustrating day! I did fill out all of the warranty paperwork. I do have one of the "older" and very loud models. I am most grateful for my dealer! I hope he got his truck running!

Terri, you are not the only one. Mine has been sitting in the shop for almost a month now because it is blowing the fuses up. Have not had it for 6 months yet.

Terri, you are not the only one. Mine has been sitting in the shop for almost a month now because it is blowing the fuses up. Have not had it for 6 months yet.

I would have hoped that you or your dealer would have contacted me about handling this issue?

Thank you for your response Dan. It was just a very frustrating day! I did fill out all of the warranty paperwork. I do have one of the "older" and very loud models. I am most grateful for my dealer! I hope he got his truck running!

We had an order SNAFU due to lack of info that has been resolved...he should have a pump headed to him. I was not aware he gave you his pump. Ill have to commend him on that when i talk to Scott next time.

Back