Fass Question

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
I have a Fass 150/180 on my truck, and for the past month or so I have noticed that it taked about 3-5 mins for the pump to pump fuel back into the tanks.( the return line) Is the normal? or am i going to have a problem. I pulled the filter off and drained the water Separator, and made sure nothing was stuck in there. the filter only has about 8000 miles on it.
Thanks
Fuzzy

I have a Fass 150/180 on my truck, and for the past month or so I have noticed that it taked about 3-5 mins for the pump to pump fuel back into the tanks.( the return line) Is the normal? or am i going to have a problem. I pulled the filter off and drained the water Separator, and made sure nothing was stuck in there. the filter only has about 8000 miles on it.
Thanks
Fuzzy

The biggest thing i see cause this is a lack of resistance from the engine not allowing our system to build pressure. You can test this by pinching off the supply line (With the truck off) and see how long it takes for the FASS to start returning fuel back to the tank. IF it starts returning right away, we need to look at the return regulator on the engine.

This is not that big of an issue if it start to return at some point...and it keeps returning fuel. Do you have a return regulator kik on your truck?

Dan, I read a bunch of threads with guys using bypass regulators on the p-pump return line (not FASS return line) and eliminating the OFV on the return port of the P-pump. I have a 150/150 FASS system on the truck now, and I'm doing a p-pump conversion on my 02. I just bought your new 260GPH pump to replace the 150/150. Are you saying not to use a bypass regulator on the p-pump return line?? I have an Aeromotive adjustable bypass regulator that I was planning on using on the p-pump return line. Like I said above, I have read many threads discussing this, but I'm still confused.

Dan, I read a bunch of threads with guys using bypass regulators on the p-pump return line (not FASS return line) and eliminating the OFV on the return port of the P-pump. I have a 150/150 FASS system on the truck now, and I'm doing a p-pump conversion on my 02. I just bought your new 260GPH pump to replace the 150/150. Are you saying not to use a bypass regulator on the p-pump return line?? I have an Aeromotive adjustable bypass regulator that I was planning on using on the p-pump return line. Like I said above, I have read many threads discussing this, but I'm still confused.

I would keep the stock OFV in place and then use an inline flow control valve to adjust more positive resistance on the return line. OR you could take the OFV out...but you would need to put in an low pressure inline check valve with the flow control valve. This would work better with our system as you can set the appropriate resistance needed and forget it.

A regulator is dependant on a pop off pressure before it starts to bypass fuel. SO say if you have the regulator set at 35 PSI and the FASS is set to 45....the regulator on the engine will return all the fuel and cut off all return flow back at the FASS.

Below is pics of what im talking about. They are about $20-$30 bucks....as opposed to what you paid for your regulator.

lrg39.jpg

Back