FEELER:Very modified 2005 Silver Dodge QCSB w/ or W/out motor you decide $$$$$?????

Nobody

Hey, thanks for checking out my truck. I have many projects but it has been one of my most loved. This is hard to do but I am at a crossroads with some of my other projects.

Here's the deal... I took the truck hurt to the Diesel Power Challenge this year, because I had little time to repair it prior to. I had some fueling and tuning problems that caused some burnt pistons (see pic below). The truck ended up running some low 11's that day at the event. Knowing the truck was hurt, and now with a blown freeze plug in the head, we decided to call it quits. The truck has been in my garage ever since we got it home.

I'm at the point where I need to decide what to do... sell the truck "AS IS", put a motor in it and sell it, or have a motor built to keep and/or sell. So this is just a "feeler" thread for me to see if I am that out of touch with reality. :confused013:

I'm asking $25,000 as the truck sits. This will include all parts that were on the truck (see pics) and I can sell the truck however the buyer requests (with or without rollbar , etc.) This will also include a completely refreshed full billet HTS trans (spare) and a spare stock '05 Cummins motor (complete with injectors, wiring harness, computer, minus turbo). I can also negotiate a price to have a motor built and put in the truck if interested.

05 dodge 2500 diesel
Silver
Quad cab 4x4
approx 47,500 miles

Formula 1 flux 5 injectors
Auroua 5000 turbo
ats two piece exhaust manifold with custom HKS 60mm external wastegate
arp studs
ats dual cp3s (duramax pump on top)
afe stage 2 intake
Ats ported and fired ringed head
Raptor 150 fuel pump with Baldwin filters
Glacier diesel air horn
ats subzero intercooler
Hts full bulit transmission with all billet shafts. Suncoast converter
Glacier diesel ladder bars
MB motoring 18x9 with Nitto Terra Graplers (I think they are 325/60/18) Also have a "like new" set of Toyo Proxies that will go with truck, as well. for track use
5inch exhaust with magnaflow muffler and a single stack (black)
custom 3 stage nitrous kit (2 x .125 solenoids & 1 .157 Solenoid) with purge. 2 - 15 lb NOS bottles with brackets and heaters
Bullydog triple dog (also have PPE downloader)
MP8
ATS co pilot converter controller
Bully dog outlook (i have one brand new in the box, never installed will come with the truck)
6 Auto meter phantom II guages (boost, pyro, trans temp, fuel pressure, oil pressure, and nitrous)
It has a 5 point roll bar but, can take out. (if i keep the truck the bar is coming out)
Also have Formula 1 cam. not intalled
Truck was in the 2009 Diesel Power Challenge (DNF)
Truck finished 2nd in the first event (Drag racing - 11.24ET I got out of it at the 1000' when I knew it was hurt)
-Burnt some pistons
I never dynoed the truck on the spray
Dynoed above 700 twice on fuel only 715 and 743 ( different dynos )
Should dyno 900+ on the spray
Best nitrous pass was 11.16 ET @ Houston a couple of years ago
Best fuel pass was 11.41ET ( should run consistant mid 11s on fuel all day long)
4 total dyno runs ( only 2 of which were at this HP level)
Appox. less than 20 total 1/4 mile passes ( most of which were early on ...trying to get in the 12s with a lot less power)
1 sled pull in Colorado back in 2006 ( 269' with stock wheels and tires - at about 630HP)
Trucks exterior is good. There is a few scratches and chips ( I don't think they are deal breakers by any means.If interested we can negotiate the cost to fix. I just want to be honest)
Garage kept
Rhino Lining
Complete frame and axles are detailed
Mag Hytec Diff. covers (front and rear) Amsoil used everywhere
Mag Hytec double deep tranny pan - Full synthetic ATF +4
Rancho XL 9000 adjustable shocks (brand new - just put on for the DPC)
Aftermarket front steering stabilizer shock. I think it is a Skyjacker. i cant remember ( painted silver to match the shocks )
BD Steering box brace
ARB front air locker - complete with the compressor (never used - installed just for the DPC )
Custom leather seats ( dark grey W/ silver inserts ) looks better than it sounds - :thumbsup:
Im sure there are plenty of things I will think of later.

I'm no engine guru by any means. These are just some ideas I had about the new engine.
"THE NEW ENGINE"
I have not quite figured out what my budget would be yet. I am prepared to spend whatever it takes to get it right. I plan to have it built as if I were gonna keep the truck . I don't like to cut corners on my projects. I'm scared to add up what i have put into this one over the last few years. With that said... I was thinking something like this:
-The cylinder head would be completely gone through. I want to check all the valves,valve seats, check valve springs , The fire -ring grooves, check for cracks ,and make sure everything is still flat and true .Replace and repair as needed.
-The block would be checked for any damage ,and then cleaned and prepped. Cylinders honed or taken out to eliminate any problems.
- Pistons cut and coated
-Billet Rods or Shot -Peened marine rods
-Completely balance everything
- install the cam that I have (Formula 1 - Helix2)
-Injectors sent off to be checked before put in the new motor
-Transmission will be completely refreshed before it goes back in

These are just some thoughts. If you are interested... We can come to an agreement and a figure $$$$ ,you can have it built anyway you would like.
I can do what ever you want to the truck. I have a 4.5 inch fabtech lift with dirt-logic shocks brand new in the box. I have 35" TOYO mud tires , brand new. i also have the stuff to take the truck back to about 600+HP. If any of this stuff interest you let me know.

Sorry this thread is a mess. Just contact me if you have questions.
Thanks again
John Duncan

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

01ac5eca.jpg

Just wanted to show my other truck that maybe up for sale soon :banghead: 2007 Mega cab 78K miles 5.9
photo-3.jpg

Oh my rod!!! that is one of hell of deal!! Where was u back in February and I wouldn't have bought the terd I have now!! Bump for a sweet truck and a hell of a deal!

Any interest in selling parts?
Love to buy the nozzels off you...

How much for the Megacab?

x2 on mega...
I guess I should probably start a new thread about the Megacab. It is an AUTO. This truck has a lot of nice stuff on it. To name a few... custom interior, custom stereo, full billet HTS trans, amp research steps, etc. I would be asking $35k.

How much for the tires? And would they fit a 98 with a leveling kit?
not sure which tires you are referring to. The TOYO mt's?? They are 35/12.50/18. I would like to see if the buyer of the truck is not interested first. At that time, i would sell the tires for $950. They are brand new. Still have stickers on them. With the right offset wheel, I'm sure these would fit with a 2" spacer.

Oh my rod!!! that is one of hell of deal!! Where was u back in February and I wouldn't have bought the terd I have now!! Bump for a sweet truck and a hell of a deal!
Any interest in selling parts?
Love to buy the nozzels off you...
Thank you! Yes I would be interested in selling parts only after the buyer of the truck decides what they want. Everything else will be for sale.

John hate to see you sell the truck.i just sold mine ,id jump on this in a flash but going for a reg cab 2wd,i wanna ride fast!!!

Where are you located?
Near Shreveport,Louisiana

Ok, yeah keep me mind for the nozzles. Good luck on the sale!!
Will do! Thanks Again

John hate to see you sell the truck.i just sold mine ,id jump on this in a flash but going for a reg cab 2wd,i wanna ride fast!!!

Thank you!!! I hope all goes well with reg cab. I'm fighting the reg cab bug right now. If the right one comes along I would have to give it a hard look.

Let me know if you still have any parts for sale? I was talking to Jessi about some parts but guess he doesn't have any for sale.

Back