First post. Needing opinions.

jack1982

Hello. I just picked up a 2005 QC 2500 4x4 with the 6 speed. It is mostly a daily driver with occasional towing. So far, I have added autometer gauges : FR pressure, boost, and EGT, deleted the muffler, quadzilla xzillaraider 2, green air filter, and ordered an Airdog 100. Does this sound like a reliable combo for now? Also, what should be next, if any thing? Thanks for any help.

FR pressure as in Fuel Rail Pressure or supply pump pressure?

Rail Pressure gauge is very useful.

I don't know anything about quadzillas but I would imagine as long as you don't run it on kill and tow heavy and hard I am sure you will be just fine.

What you should do next all depends on your goals. Some would be content with what you have and some would keep upgrading parts to satisfy the human nature of never content. If your goal is 800hp dd and tow sometimes build for 800hp not a 550hp dd and build up it will be cheaper in the long run.

Live by: Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick any Two.

Oh and welcome.

Last edited:
FR pressure as in Fuel Rail Pressure or supply pump pressure?
Yes, it is a Fuel Rail pressure guage. I want a supply pressure guage, but I'm just going to run a low pressure warning light for now.

My goals for now are reliable and for it to be a strong puller. I live in CO and the mountain passes can be a bear.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

I tow with my truck and I have upgraded the clutch to a DD, twins (stocker over S475), 90HP injectors, EFI Live, with all necessary supporting mods. It tows up hills without an issue, never getting over 1200* grossing 23-24k. I would highly recommend twins if you plan on towing, especially in the mountains.

05 has 2 different 6spd transmissions. One is cast iron the other aluminum. The aluminum G56 came factory with a dual mass flywheel, the cast iron NV5600 came factory with a solid flywheel. The 5600 is a way better trans but the G56 shifts smoother. If it has the G56 get the fluid changed out asap. There are threads here about which fluid is best. Search and read.

x2 on the dual disk clutch, but the mods you listed in the OP sound like a good starting point, but i also definitely agree with what estrada said!!!

Welcome to CompD

tried quad on my truck before and it shut down my truck twice driving down the road another time I couldnt shut my truck off even with the key out I returned it fast scared the crap out of me

If you have over 100,000 id recomend ball joints and swap out the steering linkage for an 08.5+ with a good stabilizer

I agree on DD clutch, we are flat in FL but I have 35,000 miles on my 05 3500 5.9 w/ NV pulling a 10 ton trailer after upgrading.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm planning on the DD clutch, but I have to wait on it for a while. I have to build up the toy fund a bit. I'll be posting many more questions and updates as i try to figure every thing. You all have given me some good food for thought (except the stacks, smoke switch and truck nuts :hehe:) Thanks for the welcome.

Back