flywheel/miles?

eddie279

Can any one kind of give me a rough guess of how many miles before you need to get a new one. Thanks for all opinions.

This is why im asking.

I went to crank my 2002 f250 7.3 power-stroke 6speed trans. and what it did is grind then i just bumped it several times and it grinded then it started spinning over like it was supposed to then it cranked, went where i needed to then when i started it it started right up with no grinding. I got back home and took the started and dust cover off and starter looks fine and flywheel looks wore but didn't find any teeth missing like i figured i would. Any opinions?

You have a flat spot on the ring gear where the starter cant catch any Teeth.. You don't Need a New Flywheel Just a Ring gear

You have to pull the flywheel out of the truck, Using a punch and a Hammer Pound the old ring gear off the flywheel. Take the new ring gear put it in the oven (Thats how i do it anyway) till its good and warm then set it on the flywheel and pound it back on with the hammer till its seated proper..

Back