Ford Excursion axle size

Blackdog

Hillbilly Deluxe
Just curious I got a 2000 Ford ex and I am not sure what size Dana's I have front and rear?

not as well as a Dodge D60/D80 combo! :D

Yeah I know but I have had my fun with the Dodge for a little while. Don't get me wrong I love pullin my Dodge but I am looking at doing a little pullin with the Excursion. I haven't seen any do any truck pullin and thought I would toy around with that idea and see how it does for a little while and then decide which one I want as a full time puller and which one will be the DD.

The sterling 10.5 is good but the D50 is going to be the weak link. If you wanted you could find an 02'+ F250 or 350 and they have a D60 up front.

D50 front, Sterling 10.5" rear

What he said....

Excursions didn't get the D60 up front until 03 I think.

Dana 50 won't last one hook (IMO). I wouldn't even trust the sterling if your making any power at all...

But the crowd loves carnage...:rockwoot:

Well my wife has that age old idea that when it breaks I can upgrade it but I have to keep telling her just how strong it is so she will let me pull HER truck. I have plenty of parts lined up for it down at the junk yard but now I guess I need to go find me a d60 too.

the axles will be all right for 400hp or less I pull mine quite often and have never had an issue. it has the same axles as the F250's I have built alot of pullin trucks for people so and the 50 isn't that bad for moderate pulling. my X has 200cc injectors and a GT38R with the 1.15 . we did another moderate truck with a 50 that has mini me's with a 38R and has never broke his 50.

Back