Former MN Meet set up guy getting back involved

DieselDood

Let me know if this is in the wrong forum... it's not actually a Meet... yet. I don't see a dedicated MN area, so I decided to throw it up here. :wrong:

Some of you may remember me. Some may not. Some I'm sure I haven't met yet. I used to be the primary person to set up meets and such for the Minnesota group. Well life happened and I stepped away for a few years. The biggest reason was my day job.

Thursday I got a call from a former Co-worker. He has stayed at the same place after I left and has been promoted to the Shop Manager. He called to ask if I knew of anyone that might be a good lead tech at the shop. Since I had worked there before he knew that I know the ropes around there.

So I asked for specifics. Monday through Friday. 9am-6pm, and $1 an hour more than I'm making now. I told him I was interested. He said to get in touch with the owner and let him know. I talked to Randy on Friday.

I'm leaving Sears after almost 4 years. It's been a fun run, but I have a suspicion that there is something not right further up the ladder. The big bosses are trying to micro manage EVERYTHING. Ever since my position changed things have been in a state of shake up from the top down. At one point they laid off all the Commercial reps, and half the regional managers.

So I will be going back to Blatz Automotive in Ramsey. A few of you may remember a number of years ago I set up a meet there. It's just off HWY 10, about a block east of Ramsey Blvd. I will be doing most of the diagnostic work, as well as some exhaust work as well. The shop is very laid back, and doesn't have that push push push attitude that most have. Get the job done, and get it done right. I enjoyed working there before, but got delusions of grandour by another shop. Looking back... I wish I wouldn't have left. Although then there would be a number of things that would be different these days that I wouldn't change.

If you are in the area, feel free to stop on in or honk as you go bye! I start there the 27th of the month.

This will now give me some more free time to get back involved with the meets. I don't want to step on any toes around here, but I don't see anything terribly new on here for the area either. So, as long as you guys don't mind.... When things get back to "normal" after the job change, I will start setting things up in the area again.

The Annual Dyno day is already set up by JAGs(Septemeber 29th Rough Cut Bar and Grill just north of Millaca off highway 169). I may try to set something up for October. Just a get together at a Wild Wings or something.

Let me know your thoughts guys. I'm glad to be back..... as long as you'll take me back! LOL :stab:

JP

too many arrogant know it all pricks up there for me to ever want to be involved again....

Alright guys, with my new job change I'm getting back on the ball of getting things set up again. I apologize for the lapse in coverage....

We have the Dyno day in Sept that Josh (JAGS) has set up.

October, I'm going to set up a Wild Wings meet for the 13th. Spread the word. I'll probably do it at the Champlin Wild wings we have always gone to.

November, I'm not sure what I'm going to set up but I'm shooting for the 10th.

Right now that puts things on track for an early in the month meet, just about every month.

Now what do you guys have for ideas of things you want to do? I know Chuck usually coordinates the Greasy Pizza Meet after the new year.

Maybe do a Shooting (bills indoor range) day? Hit that in Feb when its nice and cold? I'll stop in and see what it takes to reserve a few lanes.

Give me your ideas guys?

too many arrogant know it all pricks up there for me to ever want to be involved again....

Fuk you! :)

Not all of us in MN are know it all pricks some of us are just a$$holes!
:Cheer::Cheer::Cheer:

Damn skippy.

Alright guys, with my new job change I'm getting back on the ball of getting things set up again. I apologize for the lapse in coverage....

We have the Dyno day in Sept that Josh (JAGS) has set up.

October, I'm going to set up a Wild Wings meet for the 13th. Spread the word. I'll probably do it at the Champlin Wild wings we have always gone to.

November, I'm not sure what I'm going to set up but I'm shooting for the 10th.

Right now that puts things on track for an early in the month meet, just about every month.

Now what do you guys have for ideas of things you want to do? I know Chuck usually coordinates the Greasy Pizza Meet after the new year.

Maybe do a Shooting (bills indoor range) day? Hit that in Feb when its nice and cold? I'll stop in and see what it takes to reserve a few lanes.

Give me your ideas guys?

Does your truck even move on it's own yet?

Back