From compounds to a big single...

If I let the transmission do its thing (shifting at about 3200rpm) it worked until Overdrive, and then it would surge and fall off the charger completely. I put in an override switch and shifted at 4K and then it worked fine because the rpm drop still put the turbo high enough in the rpm band that it wouldn't surge.

Did you try flooring it at 2500 and see what happened? If you're rolling into it, the turbo will be gaining boost, but the engine won't be gaining much rpm, so its airflow intake will be about the same. If ya floor it, the engine will rapidly gain rpm and airflow, which "should" keep you out of surge. Part throttle drivability will still suck.

No I haven't tried that yet. I ended up taking the wastegate apart just so I could get a better idea of how it works. I will try that though at some point just to see if it works or not. I'm not planning on using this turbo permanently however. It's just not a great fit for what I'm looking for, and I have another use for it on another vehicle as well.

Not enough turbine wheel making it surge. Been in the exact same boat with same charger but it was ran as a single. But I had to jump to a 92 on that turbo. Try the 87 and a bigger Turbine housing

That is my plan at this point. Thanks for the input. I'm hoping to get something ordered on Monday.

Back