Front traction bars?

Cornbinder7100

Anyone know if there is a on advantage to front traction bars on a 93 cummins? Would it still ride decent on the street and would you follow the same principles as the rear and follow the angle of he drive shaft?? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

I've thought of this as well. Saw a obs powerstroke in redding lastyear that was running some. I didn't hear any binding or creaking. So his geometry must have be spot on. I would build them with a shackle at the frame and do a top and bottom axle mount. That way they stop your twist but allow for natural axle movement. I'm hoping to do this to my rear bars when I have a day off. My current setup binds when I drop into a field and I dont like that.

Eric

That's a good idea. You'd never know how it works til ya try it. But shackles on the front would be logical. And on the back I see where your coming from. How long are your bars? Mine go to about my door handle where the frame flatens out for the t case skid plate. But the back bars keep your axle perpendicular to your frame. A shackle on the back would allow it to move right?

Mine mount right behind the trans crossmember. There long. Robert evens runs the setup with the shackle, along with many others. Your center pin in your leaf pack is all that holds your axle in place with a shackled trackbar. I know it doesn't sound like much but alot of guys run them that way and have a smooth dd truck.
I've also seen unimog trucks run a torque fork in the front. Like one big traction bar off the front bumper/crossmember. It's ok to be different it all depends on what your going to do with it. A torque form could be made rather low-key as well( blend in look factory) front or rear.hope this helps!

Eric

Yes a shackle willet it move naturally like intended -the wrap
4 link would be the end all be all but it's alot of work to cure axle wrap.

Eric

Back