fuel lift pump / fuel heater

TexasCoalRoller

Alright here goes.
Hey guys im working on my 92 12v and a problem occurred a while a go. Truck **** out on me after a cold snap turns out it was air locked. I had a leaky fuel heater gasket so I deleted the heater cause it's worthless well I then replaced the lift pump. Now the lift pump will not spring back and when I push the primer lever down I can not feel the cam hitting the lever. Im getting fuel pressure took her up to 90 mph no issues yet.just curious if that fixed my issue or if tomorrow it dies again :eek:wned:

Yes. At the end was the question . Was just curious on some input maybe someone has had an issue like that before

If the pump arm was on the cam eccentric the pump prime lever feels like it does nothing.

The ve can pull its own fuel without a lift pump to an extent. In my opinion you wasted your money to put a stock one back on. Being able to do 90 mph means nothing.

Primary goal was to get it running again and not have it air lock. Im not saying getting it up to 90 was a great accoplishment however it didnt starve for fuel or die whitch was my main goal. eventually I would like to put an electric fuel pump on it along with some other upgrades. I was hoping to get some helpful information from you guys on some tips

the prime lever not working on stock style lift pumps seems to be common mine stopped working on my 93 12v shortly after i replaced it nearly a year later pump still works fine even at 3,200 rpm...truck will still run without lift pump as i found out had to drive home from near the MI and IN border hauling an International tractor without one...people on I69/I75 don't like it when you slow to 35 on any kind of grade.. :doh:

Last edited:
Back