fuel pressure

OneWickedDiesel

high performance diesel
i need a little help. im trying to check fuel pressure on a 2002 f350 i cant get the plugs out of the heads is there any other place where i can check this

i do not own this truck and dont know a hole lot about these powerstrokes any help greatly thanked
:thankyou2:

There should be a fuel pressure port to the right of the fuel filter housing near the water drain valve facing the engine valley.

There should be a fuel pressure port to the right of the fuel filter housing near the water drain valve facing the engine valley.

is it a hex head plug and is it to the right of the fuel drain veiwed from the front

is it a hex head plug and is it to the right of the fuel drain veiwed from the front

Viewed from the top of the fuel filter housing. Yep, it should be brass and with a hex head. You should see about 55 psi with a very good pump. I have seen them work with lower pressure but 55 psi is what is calls for.

Just remember that fuel pressure can vary on these trucks. The regulator is just a small spring, and over time the fuel pressure can drop even with a very good strong pump. Some folks shim the spring in order to bring the pressure back up.

Back