Fuel Tank Issues!

crzycowboy

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Ok, we have a customer who has purchased one of our Powerflow kits. On most trucks (including the 2 I've personally installed systems on) the fuel tank is on the drivers side of the truck. On this customers truck it is a 2000 F-350 2WD crewcab Longbed, and his tank is mounted in the rear of this truck! I have not came across this at all, and could use some help. If anyone else has a truck like this with an up-graded exhaust, how does the rear tank interfear with the new tail pipe? I'd like to get this guy helped out, so any help you guys can offer, I would appriciate it! :bow:

Josh:

I can't say I know for fact... but the cross mounted tanks were used in Cab & Chassis as well as the Excursions.

I would not doubt that the customer you have does not have an F350 PU, but is running a Cab / Chassis with an 8' PU bed installed on it.

Maybe get the VIN and call the local dealer to verify that it's your issue.

Now, to fix it... We have always ordered an Excursion Style kit (uses a two piece over the axle pipe unlike the stout single piece pipes you guys make), these pipes can have the tighter bend and then give the flexibility needed to outfit the rig. If you need a pipe, give me a shout I can round one up for you.

W

Good point Wally, thanks. I'll mention it to the customer and see what we can come up with. Chances are we'll get a excursion pipe from you.

Josh

Back