Fummins Exhaust

Bobus

Powerstroked
What's everyone Doin for exhaust on their Fummins builds? I have the first 4' of the stock exhaust from the Dodge, but have nothing in the Ford. (Pulled for another truck). Do I buy a Ford cat back system and a Dodge downpipe, or just buy a complete Dodge system, just a Cummins DP and build the rest? Its going on a 24v and I'd like to go 4" straight pipe

I just built the downpipe for mine and ran it to the exhaust that was already on my truck

Just buy the dodge down pipe and do a little cutting and re welding and fit up to existing exhaust

Guess I'll go to the salvage yard and see what I can get a exhaust for a 7.3 for, and build from there

for both my 97's, I used a dodge dp and then a diamond eye cat back system for a Ford, current truck has a bigger turbo and I kept the ac so I flipped the manifold and had to modify the downpipe a bit to fit better.

I've done the same as others. I've even used an exhaust kit from a 2nd gen dodge on an OBS F-350. If it wasn't lifted 3", it wouldn't of fit as nice though.

I have seen guys buy the down pipe for the dodge and exhuast for a ford and go from there.

I'm not sure what I'm going todo something about the same I think.

Had to flip my steed speed to clear everything and then 90* straight down. But everyone's is different just an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20131012_231456.jpg
    IMG_20131012_231456.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
So, it looks as though im gonna need a Industrial Manifold with the 90* dump, or will the stock 24v manifold work?

So, it looks as though im gonna need a Industrial Manifold with the 90* dump, or will the stock 24v manifold work?

I had to run a commonrail manifold on mine otherwise I would have had to modify the heater box to clear the wastegate

I had a third gen style on mine to start with which put my turbo close to the firewall and lower. That setup had a 45* after the turbo with another 45* a few inches after then it went to a full exhaust

Ford catback exhaust of your choice and depending on your manifold setup more than likely a custom or do-it-yourself down-pipe,have actually seen some guys using flex pipe,but I doubt it last long.

Back