funny noise after egr delete

rpainter

I installed a egr delete kit this weekend on a customers 03 6.0. The truck starts fine,egt's are the same as before, boost numbers are the same as before. But driving down the road if he gets on it you can hear what sounds like air sucking ?? Hinda like air is being sucked througha restrictlive air filter.I have told him three times that if it was a boost leak he would have LOWER boost and HIGHER egt's. But he is saying the noise was not there before and it is now there so something is wrong:bs:. I am goign to spary everything down with soapy water to check for leaks but is there anything else to look for. The truck is stock other than a AFE air filter and a edge programmer.

Check downpipe and up pipe flex and connections. Alignment is a popular issue and flex's cracking is another. But should be a little light on boost unless he is not gettting into it long enough.

If nothing else blame it on the Edge. lol All Ford owners know SCT is the only way to go. j/k

Check alignment of the up-pipe collector to the turbine inlet. Did you reinstall the turbo and make all connections on it before you tightened the bolts on the new up-pipe, or did you tighten the upipe connection at the manifold first?

He came over and I turned the bolt on the y-pipe clamp one full turn and it seemed to take the noise away so he is happy and I am too. He is planning on pulling the truck at the local fair. With those mods,6" lift and 35" tires with a stock auto. this should be fun to watch. Also no ladder bars or bump stops

Back