Future build advice.

kole32

I am currently redoing my 93 w250. and I'm also daily driving it, (quite a challenge). After I get it painted, I'm going to focus on the motor, I've got everything to p pump it except for a pump and oil line. but anyway, I was thinking a solid 600hp to 700hp, anywhere in between there. I still want to be able to drive it anywhere also. I drive 3 and half hours to scheids, and make a lot of random trips places. The motor has 204k on it, I plan on a 180hp or 215hp pump, with a set of 191's or 024s 4k springs, afc mods and such, Then a set of 5x16's or 5x18's not sure who to have build them, have heard alot about weston. I'm not real sure on a turbo, I was reading about an s467 with a spool flange, and it worked awesome, I was thinking about going for that. I've talked to jeff at colt cams and we talked about a 181/210, and I'll put new tappets in with the cam. But then the supporting mods, I already have an airdog 150, I'd need a set of valve springs, and headstuds, possibly o ring the head ? Would it be ok to put this much power to it with 204k on it ? I'm gonna pull the motor out when I do all this, and I'll check out the bearings in the bottom end while it's out.

While its a first gen body, you will find more info in the 94-98 and Competition section.

I use advance search, type in 600 HP into search, select the 94-98 and Dodge Competition forums while holding the CTRL key, then click search. A whole bunch should show up.

I was just wondering if it'd be ok puttin that much power to it without rebuilding it. Do you guys think that's the right setup to make that kinda power ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j7X2Dr-enE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j7X2Dr-enE[/ame]
Here's what 1000+ through a stock chassis, axle, and suspension looks like. No traction bars ether I was just informed.

Do you think it'll be ok on the motor ? with 204k miles and that much power ? And do you think that's the right combination for the power I'm aiming for.

I'm no real expert on the p pump engines. But I do know a friend of mine put 550 through his high mileage motor a time or 20.

If your gonna spend the money and want it to be worry free, just rebuild it while its out.. And I'd definitely get ahold of smokem (weston) on here and talk injectors and DVs with him..

Friend dynod 643hp @1300ftlbs s366 stock head 188/220 cam, calibrated 215 pump 4ks full cuts DDP 5x14s could tow trailers, daily driver, sled pulled and raced it, something along those lines would be my set up of choice

My first gen is 220K and is 500rwhp (ish) on fuel, along with a few 800-900rwhp runs on the bottle. The 95 has 304K, and is at 600rwhp. Has some blowby, but that was due to driving 400 miles on a blown head gasket. Either way, not too worried. When it blows up I'll deal with it, but so far both trucks are solid.

As for your build, I would go with 024's, and also o-ring the head. My 5x18s haze a little, and that's on a 160hp pump. Injector size mainly depends on how much haze you're willing to deal with.

Back