G56 Clutch in an NV5600?

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
Well I got my hands on a 2200 mile south bend DD clutch, but it turns out it for a G56, and I need an NV5600 clutch. I planned on selling this one to buy another, but I've had more than one person tell me I can make this clutch work. Can it be done? It would be far easier than shipping this heavy SOB.

So what is different, and how can I make it work? Or do these guys who told me I could have no idea what they were talking about? We jammed a stocker in her for now, its turned down to what feels like 550hp just trying to make my clutch live.

I assume this came with a flywheel. If there is a flywheel spacer just leave it out.

You should call SB and ask them, but the ring gear location and flywhel thickness is much different between the G56 and NV5600. If the spacer isnt .575 " thick removing it wont make it work.

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. After some supprise bills I was planning on making the stocker live with this motor. Here is what I have. Just leave this spacer out? Do I need the starter spacer?

d2b1250c.jpg

Thanks Lee!

You should call SB and ask them, but the ring gear location and flywhel thickness is much different between the G56 and NV5600. If the spacer isnt .575 " thick removing it wont make it work.

I'll have to measure it and call Peter, thanks for the advice!

Our rigid hub dual disc for the g56 will work in either trans by removing the spacer, Our spring loaded wont. IDK about SB. but I do see yours in spring loaded.

I think your S.O.L back when i got my sb dd it came with the g56 flywheel and i had to ship it back and get a fly wheel for a nv5600. because of the ring gear.

Back