G56 luck

WILD_PHIL

Ok so I have tried to research what yall have to say about the G56. Looks like most people talking about carnage were racing or pulling when their trans broke. I try not to drive my truck hard, worse case I snatch a couple of gears while trying to get my slow a$$ truck moving. I might hook to a sled here and there(once or twice a year), but thats about it. With the mods coming over the next few months I can see the HP is going to go a decent amount over stock(and the realease of EFI for the SCI). I just sent Lazar a email just to check out prices, and plan to order a DD from Valair once my injectors are in. Just wondering of its worth it for me to spend the extra money on the trans upgrades with what I will be doing my it?

In my opinion you will be fine. If you drive it like a sane human being 90% of the time it will be ok. Mine has had 25psi 4wd boost launches at the track and a few hooks on it, but its babied mostly and if I get on it I make sure its fully in gear and dont bang gear rediculously hard all the time. Im putting 700+ through it now with just gorilla juice in it and it shifts perfect.

get an nv if youre going to pull and dont spend your money twice. iron cased nv4500/nv5600 trannies will have less issues.

Well I normally leave it in until it brakes, but if doing it before it brakes saves me money I would do it. I do not plan to get close to 700hp for a long time or once I get another daily driver. I will prolly settle for 500hp give or take. Im really looking for economy. Gonna see what 120hp sticks and some efi does for it. Well when ever efi is released for my truck.

I'd at least get the torque girdle to eliminate case flexing and run Gorrilla Juice.

I have an '06 that has never drag raced. I sled pulled once, but took it easy, as I just had a 3250 DD. I lost teeth on 4th and 6th gear at 103k. I ran Amsoil ATF since new, changed frequently, and always double clutched and shifted slowly. Power is not over ~650 hp.

--Eric

You broke teeth driving or during the pull? Im looking for 500-600hp. Definently going with the girdle. Thanks for the advice. I think its going to blow eventually. I have horrible luck with trucks. If theres a weak link i will find it at the worse possible time.

I was told by Lazarsmith the g56 case flex one thousands of an inch per 50 foot pounds of torque which is why people are breaking them. Which is why he made a steel torque shield to keep the case from flexing

Ok so otger then the case girdle and gorrilla juice, any thing else recommended for the G56 to take some if the crappiness out of it?

Mine has been fine so far but I would really like to get a girdle for it eventually! I use mine simalarly to how you are going to use yours and so far it's been great. I have been through two dual disks in 150,000 though.

Haven't dyno'd in awhile, but probably ~640 hp 1200 tq...limited by the CP3.

I dyno'd 598/1087 on Dunbar's a few yrs ago on stock sticks, cam, some Revo Smarty/TST/MP-8, and a single SPS66. Since then I've added Flux 2.5s, TNTR, Helix 2 and springs, Wild Rail, 65/476 twins, studs, etc. The truck feels quite a bit stronger, but I'm still on the stock CP3, so I think I'd have to be below 650 hp still.

--Eric

Back