g56 swap

Wsimmons37334`

ive been considering changing my g56 to a nv4500 or a nv5600. Has anyone else done it? Was it an easy process? Did the driveshafts fit or did they have to be customized?

I also am debating this swap as far as I know t case input is different as for drive line I got no idea I'm sure there is a thread about this topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drive line will be different front 4500 to g56. And 5600 to g56. Maybe an 1" to 2".

There have been 03 235hp CR's with NV4500's so if you get a vin off then I'm sure you can buy oem parts if your into modofying anything.

It isn't all that bad. I have done it before on a friend's truck. I can't remember exact measurements, but I do know that we had to have the drive shafts altered a little bit seems like it was around 2 inches. Also, the crossmember will need to be drilled in a different spot to get the rubber mount for the 4500 to bolt into it. Other than that its not that bad. I'm looking for a bellhousing and a shifter right now to do this same thing if anyone has one.

Thanks for all your input. I plan on getting started on this project within the next month. I will keep yall posted..

Back