Garrett GTP38R ???

LTJDS

Lt.
Need INFO on the Garrett GTP38R ??? anyone.....?

Do any of you folks run this turbo ( The GTP38R Garrett Ball Bearing Turbo)
I just added 70 Hp Inj and I need more Air NOW:bang
Any ways I have been doing ALOT of research, these turbos are on back order till August, unless I find a shop that has a few left in stock.
Anyway
Does it whistle loud?
Does it sound and perform WICKED?
Does anybody know different folks running different 7.3L Replacement Turbo's ?
I am gonna order the TURBO this Mon the 24th
I have the rest of the weekend to DECIDE:doh:
Help me please HELP ME.

Open to all Options, (dynoed at 346 RWHP ) on setting 2 out of 4 total. The 3, and 4 setting were to much fuel and showed no noticable increase , just fluctuations on the upper end of the Dyno.
My two Mech's ( Gabby of GAW ) Gabby's Auto Werks, and
( Domingo of DJ"s ) Domingo at DJ Diesel Performance are well respected in So Fla and they both believe that I need more AIR.

2002 F350 SRW 7.3L PSD
70 Hp Casserby Inj, Full SunCoast Trans Rebuild with SC Pro-Loc TC, Mag-Hytek Pan,Detroit Locker,K&N FIPK,4" Turbo back,Custom 4 Position Computer chip,AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges on A-Pillar,Yellow Top Optima's,4200Watt Alpine Stereo, Clifford Avant Guard 5 Alarm with GPS Monitoring,
20x10"s,Cooper Zeon XST 305/50/20's:ylsuper:

Last edited:
Did you order it if you did you made the right choice

I DID, Thanks for the input.

I just ordered on Tuesday the GarrettGTP38R And The DIIC, ALso a AFE Stage II and a Detroit locker and Mag hytek Diff cover.:ylsuper:
I'll post the results with feedback when I get it all installed should be 4-5 days shipping and 1-2days wrenchin. Again thanks for the vote of cofidence.

346 RWHP in chip position two.
2002 F350 7.3L PSD 2dr super cab,
Full Sun Coast Rebuild w/ Sun Coast Pro-Loc TC and MagHyTek Pan,
70hp Casserby Inj, 4 Position Custom Computer Tunes,
Four (4) AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges on A-pilar, FS-2500 Bypass Oil Filter,
Two Yellow Top Optimas and a K&N FIPK. Projector Headlights w/ clear coners, Chromed Badges, 4200 watt Alpine Stereo, Clifford Avant Guard 5 w/
GPS monitor and tracking.
:woohoo:
On it's way , AFE Stage II intake, Garrett GTP38R BB Turbo, Diesel Innovation InterCooler,Detroit Locker, MagHyTek Diff Cover.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Dyno 346 RWHP in chip setting 2, Higher settings showed that the motor needed more air to go with the comp tune and the New 70 Hp Inj.

Back