Gauge Install Help

chriswelters

Just a kid
I ordered 4 gauges from auto meter. I have the 4 pod A-pillar mount. How did you guys run all the wires. I tried to put them all together and hide them in the new pillar, splicing the ones that needed splicing up there such as all the illumination together, grounds, ignition and so forth. This didn't work out very well because of the limited amount of space that is up there. I found out the hard way. I couldn't seem to find a good way to splice the wires together either. I went to the hardware stores and auto stores and didn't find a good way beside some 3 place crimps so you could only do 2 at a time and have a lead coming out for the next splice. Where did you do all the splicing? Under the dash or am i missing something completely. They look good when I hold it up there at least! haha.

I have the triple mount and it was a PITA to get everything together in the limited space. The trick I used was to just solder everything and shrink tube it. No bulky connectors taking up valuable real estate. You can use a pair of side cutters to strip away insulation mid wire and then wrap your lead around it and solder. Makes kind of a T shape. Some shrink tube, electrical tape and I always use small zip ties to stop the tape from unravelling and you're good to go.

Back