Gear for the right rpms?

NEKcummins

My truck spins hard to the rev limiter above fueling capabilities in 5th low. We pull on many soft loose tracks around here and was wondering if using 6th low was out of the question through my nv5600? Heard bad things about the high side on the transfer case so im leaving it alone. It could be all in my suspension but ive messed with tire pressures enough.

I've been building my 05 cr into an all out 2.6 puller. Only draw back is with my Udc tuning it won't fuel over 3900. I'm running 4.56 gears with 33s dualled. Dual modded pumps with 150% over injectors, 2.6 s475 just to name a few mods. I took 1 3/4" out of rear and blocked it solid. My receiver crosses right at the end of the frame with another receiver across almost above the rear end. I was hoping to strengthen my hitch point using 3 feet of 2x2 with an opening for hitch on one end. Almost like a short drawbar but its pinned in both receivers.

I guess feedback on my existing setup would help the most. I'm sure I should be running 35s and ECM swap efi tuning would be the best route but I'm just not able to spend an extra 3-4000 on what I've already spent.

I sure wouldnt pull 6th gear bc it is a small gear and easy to bust or strip it, done this on my 04 I had wasnt a cheap fix either bc i put all new parts bc in it.. But like u said I would run 35's on ur truck I would go that route before pulling 6th gear for sure. U could try a SSR smarty if u would like Im pretty sure it will fuel passed 3900

Plus that's like 42mph wheel speed. Sounds like you need to make it hook better. The way you are running now is like 31mph .

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I can't get the calculator to work thru my phone. Yea it just revs spins and won't lug it done. Only hooked once since back together. Get to hook on a clay track this Saturday. I have probably 40% mud grapps dualled on the back and sts on the front.

Yea I suspected it but sadly that's 1 of few clay/tight tracks in this area....

Back