Gearing for 33's

roachie

Taco Master
Need to pick some 4.10 or lower gears for the truck. There are some 4.88's in the classifieds. I think those may be to low seeing as I'm still driving on the street on the weekends. The combo is:

33x13.5 front
33x15.5 rears
NV4500
Around 4 to 4500 rpm

I hate the 4.10's in my flatbed! I would stay with a 3.54 or something unless you have some reasoning for going to a different gear...Drag racing, pulling...
Brandon

i have 3.73 in my 3rd gen and i am tring to get the smarty tune to run 4000rpm

if your running 5 speed stick with 3.54

i would love to know how to figure out the tire size i need to run more speed been tring to get the tnt-r that aint happeninng any time soon

What do you have now?

4.10s would be good a choice with 33's and 5spd and some street driving with pulling your main goal.

I have 4.10's with an automatic and roughly 33's. It ain't bad. Can't get 4k RPM yet. Must get GSK....

My reason is for pulling, the truck is heading to the fringe of streetable. I bought/buying a 4.10 and lower carrier. I like the though of lower gears to ease the stress on the drive train (except the axles).

Currently Im running 3.54's

Getting the R's wont be a problem.

I know of a few people running 5 speeds with both 3.54 and 4.10's. With 3.54's, 3rd low is your best bet as long as you have the power and capability of turning about 4500+rpm down the track. With 4.10's, 2nd high work best with 31" tires on a high speed sled as long as you have a charger that can stay lit at lower rpms, and enough pony's under the hood to recover after you drop the clutch. If it were me, I would find a set of 4.30's or 4.56's and run 2nd high. Though it just depends on how everything else is setup (RPM Range, tire size, sled type, ect.....)

Last edited:
im running a s400 and 5spd with 33s and 410 gears and 2nd high the gear some times on a hard dry track i can get 4th depend on sled but it snuffs out the end

Back