Gears for sled pulling

Now there should be a way to start in fourth but with third gear tcm it should shift on its own shouldn't it? then lock the tq

I think some pretty successful 2.6 trucks have shown that locking the converter is enough "gear change" to get the job done and not have the reliability problems at high HP. No sledpuller needs that thing shifting 3 times. First gear is just a time waster.

Kinda like the PowerGlide in drag racing....yeah, it's a dinosaur, but it flat out works.

I understand what you're saying Matt. I also agree on the first gear delete.

My statement was more of an observation from a time perspective, a timeline so to speak.

I understand what you're saying Matt. I also agree on the first gear delete.

My statement was more of an observation from a time perspective, a timeline so to speak.

I hear ya bud. Back in the day, I think the Alli caught a lot of the old guard by surprise. Now that the power is up and the sleds are lighter, it's like drag racing.....get it gone!

Now if sleds like the old orange Decision Maker were still going, it would make people stop and re-evaluate their strategies. It would be cool, but the crying would reach epic levels.

I had tried both 35 and 33s with 456 and tried both 3 and 4th gear take offs. it all depends on the tracks but the most universal combo that works was 456 and 33s. I was having to guess on my shifting and lock up more with the 35s and i was in 650-700hp range with mine. Driving with the 33s on the street would deff give u a headache if you have a stack in the back.3rd worked best taking off with a quick hit to 4th then lock up when comfortable. That was just my experience with it, I have a zf6 truck so i have to start all over learing again

For those that are running the 4.56's and an Allison what mph are you seeing down the track?

I run 3.42 because I like to drag race also.
I start/leave in 3rd and locks up without a controller. (Some have had inconsistency on lockup)
35"s would not spin out everytime
285/60r18 LTZ spun out but lost wheel speed.

My actual sled speed was anywhere from 22-28mph depending on tracks and sled, I pulled at beans and didnt get a whole lot of bite being first hook and ran 23 mph i think

Back