general maintenence

R955

I have heard from friends to run Rotella motor oil, and change it every 6 to 8k, coming from the gas world this seems really long between changes, I understand there is way more oil capacity, still seems a bit long, any advice or tips?

Also what about additives, fuel, oil etc, there is alot of information out there, looking for reasons for using certain brands, and if I should be using any at all.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

When I ran rotella T 15-40 with a quart of Lucas Oil stabilizer, I changed mine every 5k. I have since changed to Amsoil and added their Bypass filter kit... Ill send a sample off at 10k and another at 15 and 20 to see how its going to do. Since its mainly my tow rig it will prob get changed once a year reguardless of mileage.

I change my oil once a year, run Rotella, nothing special with mine. Once a year is 10k miles or less. If I still daily drove mine it would get changed every 10k. If you are unsure send an oil sample in to Blackstone Labs in Indiana. They can tell you if it is good or bad very easily.

I may just do that, my truck has 218,000 on it, seems to run great, probably would not hurt to get an analysis done on it, kind of like a dr. checkup.

I change my filter and add a quart at 5k and change it all at 10k.

But if you really want to know the truth rotella and delo are rated at 300hours of use. Mobile delvac 1300 is rated at 500 hours of use. And for the little bit extra its well worth it.

I buy it by the drum so my cost is $13.03/gal for mobile delvac vs. $12.17/gal for rotella and $12.46/gal for delo

Not as of yet.. I only have about 2k on this new oil.

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk 2

I change my filter and add a quart at 5k and change it all at 10k.

But if you really want to know the truth rotella and delo are rated at 300hours of use. Mobile delvac 1300 is rated at 500 hours of use.

That's some good info, thanks for posting.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Back