going to 488s.. got a question

johnstontruckin

Im switching to 488s in my truck and I had a question about what I needed to finish the swap.. I currently have 355s in my truck and the Axels are a dana 60 and 80 .. my questin is what carrier do I need for the 60? I have read a 456 .. but then I have read that you can run some type of spacer with my carrier and make it work... any help would be appreciated .. thanks

You need the other case for the 4.8 series on the 3 series carrier or the spacer, i never liked the spacer, adding more weight to an area that doesn't need it

Spacer is fine on the front, but you will need a new carrier for the rear. Ideally no spacer would be the best, but it just depends.

I would run the spacer until you can afford to buy a new 35 spline axle/locker setup for the front.

Spacer is fine on the front, but you will need a new carrier for the rear. Ideally no spacer would be the best, but it just depends.

I would run the spacer until you can afford to buy a new 35 spline axle/locker setup for the front.

Out of curiosity what would a locker setup cost? About 2000$ for front and rear?

Yep sounds about right, if your going with ARB. If your going with detroits or something a little cheaper. You can weld them up, but there are disadvantages to that.

Yep sounds about right, if your going with ARB. If your going with detroits or something a little cheaper. You can weld them up, but there are disadvantages to that.

so a cheap way for me to go would be the spacer in the front and a welded 410 carrier in the rear? i already have the ring and pinion front and rear

Back