Got a 06 TDI... best ways to increase fuel milage?

smokin24v

Just bouth an 06 TDI with dsg auto, 122,000 miles...(i know i wanted a 5 speed but this was priced right and we needed a car now)

Takin it in next week to change the timing belt and have them check the cam!

Wondering what i can do as far as performance parts to get the best fuel milage with out hurting the Auto tranny?

also she wouldn't mind if it gave a lil puff of smoke :poke:

Straight pipe and keep your foot out of it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

any thing special need to be done to straight pipe them? or is it just simply take the muffler off?

I've already had a talk to her about the right foot and fuel mileage!

Yeah a custom downpipe, the cat IS the downpipe, so you can either gut it or get a new one bent up to replace it and weld the flanges on. There are also 2 mufflers.

I was always told that this engine needs the back pressure to preven the turbo from over spining. I thought it silly But that's what I was told. Should be ok on a stock car but I have an intake and tune.

Did the guys on TDi club tell you that? They also told me that the VE can't take any positive fuel pressure or if I must do it, no more than 3psi. I asked why my Cummins takes 20psi and was told that I was a freak accident waiting to happen or I was just lucky and I better back it down.

Posted via Velocity LG ALLY

I was told that by a vendor actualy, I know that these turbos are small for the engine if you go anything above stock for hp. A gt17 or gt20 is just about perfect though.

Never had a problem with overspeed/boost with a straight pipe and kerma tunes @ 120whp.

Contact Matt Whitbread. He is a member on here and his number is 248755811eight. He's kinda of a big deal when it comes to TDI's

Back