Got my new (1954) diesel moline today.

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
just picked up my 1954 moline gtb-d today and i'm already tearing the motor apart , its a stock 425 cid engine and i'm going to see what i can do to build it up and make alot more horsepower while retaining the stock look, anybody else got one ? i know they are rare,i think only 800 - 900 were made with diesel's, let me know your thought or idea's:stab:

would make a nice collector tractor all fixed up. not sure how crazy you are going to be able to get in the power department though

Well it 425 cid now , going alot bigger , 50 hp is stock but i'll be over that when done , its onlt a 6500 and 8500 lb class i pull in . Has to look stcok appering but everyone plays with everything if you know what i mean

4 big brgs. dont wast your time with the 425 engine! you wont get anything other than a 585 mm to run in a diesel,but just get a HD800 lp engine It will bolt right in! and make 240 hp stock. built one for my mm puller and had 940ci ran 4200rpm and one heck of a ride pushing 500hp on race gas-natrally asperated.

Personally I would restore it and make a "copy" to pull if you want to pull it. That tractor is worth more than you know from my understanding.

4 big brgs. dont wast your time with the 425 engine! you wont get anything other than a 585 mm to run in a diesel,but just get a HD800 lp engine It will bolt right in! and make 240 hp stock. built one for my mm puller and had 940ci ran 4200rpm and one heck of a ride pushing 500hp on race gas-natrally asperated.

There is one of these tractors at a local fairgrounds that is used to pull the sled back up the track after each hook. I've often looked at the size of the engine block and wondered why no one pulls with them, then one day an old boy that knew a little about the molines told me about the lack of main bearings.

the 4 main design hasent been a problem with them though. If you could see the size of the crankshaft and main journals youd see why. never had a problem with mine. theres plenty out there running harder than mine too.

There is one of these tractors at a local fairgrounds that is used to pull the sled back up the track after each hook. I've often looked at the size of the engine block and wondered why no one pulls with them, then one day an old boy that knew a little about the molines told me about the lack of main bearings.

What did he say...? That information would be help to us...

Back