Got my new Garrett Turbo and AFE In!!

bigcountry250

Just installed both today in my buddies driveway, and WOW what a difference, the only question I have is why havn't I done this earlier!! There is a big difference in power, throttle response, and no surge or stall whatsoever!!

Congrats on the new air, those Garretts kick but!! Welcome to the sight.

Awesome dude, now you need some injectors and really make that thing sing.
What boost numbers are you seeing now, over the stock unit?

Actually for some reason when I switched from my TS chip to the BTS that I ave now and got the new turbo I am not seeing boost much ove 26psi and before I could get get 34psi, any ideas why?

My guess would be since you have a better, more flowing turbo. Boost will drop off because you don't need as much pressure to make the power that you did before. I know this concept applies to superchargers, but hell I could be wrong.

That sounds right to me, thats what I kinda figured. All I know is my trucks feels soo much fast no and spools instantly. I can hear the turbo spool before the speedo even starts moving!!

a garrett huh? what was the stock turbo? by buddies dodge I think came stock with a garrett. I wasnt impressed but Im sure they have many different ones. which one did you install?

The Ford 7.3L all come stock with Garrett turbos also, I installed the Garrett GT38R which is a ball bearing 88mm turbo over the stocker which is a non ball bearing 80mm. Needless to say its a huge difference!!

Back