Got some questions: wastegates and nitrous

96strokerwg

Start off i dont know really much at all on either if these subjects and would like some help to steer me in the right direction. With my sps 62 right now i need more air for the sticks that i have, but i drive this truck everyday and like how the 62 drives with not much lag so i dont want to go to a bigger turbo. This is where the nitrous and wastegate comes in. What is the best external wastegate to get? How do i go about deleting the internal wastegate that i do have? I dont want to do anything crazy with the nitrous just like a 75 or 100 shot, what would be a good setup of what im wanting to do? Sorry for all the questions i dont know much on this topic.
Thanks
-Kord

Close off the gate in your charger completely and then run the external.

Glad you asked this cause I'm debating the same thing cept I'm looking to swap a 64 in. But if a 100-150 shot can be done on a 62 with an external gate that would be great. I'm guessing you'd need something around a 42-46mm? I think a 38mm gate would be to small.

ya i have been looking at engineered diesel and tial wastegates. Just need some more info on them an what a good combo would be before i dive into it. So any info on this subject would be awsome Thanks!

Give Chris at ED a call. I am planning on something similar to what you are talking about and Chris clued me in on the best setup in regards to his wastegates.

What do you mean by "150 shot"?

Are you talking about a gasser 150 shot?

i use a 65 jet but i drilled it out until it put out the fire.they told me its a 150hp nitrous jet.now that was with my old set up.40over rv injectors factory injection pump.hx 40 w 45lbs boost.now the elbo is drilled and the program for fuel is tweeked.this is all single stage .the nitrous is n.o.s.brand.and it is sprayed from intercooler tube 6 in from intake.i installed this 3 or 4 years ago before many others had info.i called many people and not many answers.now lots of people know much more including myself. i feel it is safe and a good way to make power.lots of people have pride in just#2.and thats fine.i really like nitrous.you will NEVER here me complane about turbo lag.cuz with nos its gone.hope my 2cents helps some.

2 or 3 stage is the way to go.i would like to spray 1/2 of mine before the intercooler.or maybe just a little less than 1/2.thats my next move.

with a 5spd nitrous is going to be tricky.sorry i didnt see you had a 5 spd.thats a lot of messing around.may be a button on the shifter would good for you.if you spray and you arenot at wot the fire will go out.had that happen once or twice.before i put a nitrous filter on i had a sulanoid stick open and i had white frost all over lol!had to remove the boot and let it sit a wile.before it would fire up again.

I use the ED 60 MM wastegate and T3 to T4 adapter , its necessary with nitrous to run the wastegate loose ,
and instead of 2 or 3 stages of nitrous , I use 75 to 100 stages with one solenoid. Here is the silver 71 on Project X diesel with the ED system, and here is a screen shot of progressive nitrous .
100_0523.jpg

100_0517.jpg

launchboost.jpg

And thats what i was thinking not necessairly a shot but some kind of progressive system that goes off of boost and rpms. So instead of only being able to have a shot at wot. I could run nitrous all the way down the track and it would just be spraying more when my rpms and boost are up then when i shift it would go back down to only spraying so much, then when the boost and rpms come back up the nitrous would spray more. Is there some kind of kit out there like these?

summit has a bunch of controllers and the links that comp461 put up has some.never used one.with a 5spd thats worth lookin into.

I helped NX design their entire diesel line up., so if you need one of these systems give me a PM, plus , as a lot of people on here have found out, ill give you technical help any time , even 2 AM, if your trying to get to the track. NX sends their Diesel tech calls to me a good amount of the time .

here is a discription of the NXD4000 system

The "Next Generation" in diesel horsepower is here! The digitally controlled dual stage SX2d lets you use all the nitrous power your diesel can handle. Two digitally controlled progressive stages, two giant .125 orifice Lightning solenoids, two NX "Dry" nozzles, an extra capacity 15lb nitrous bottle all working together to give you the ultimate in control and MADE IN THE U.S.A. quality!

System contents:

•A solid state, fully digital, nitrous controller that will ramp two separate stages simultaneously, in either Time or RPM based mode. Lap Top programmability allows the end user to delay nitrous onset by Time or RPM and will allow nitrous cut-off based on Time or RPM. The unit is epoxy encapsulated for durability and longevity. This controller can withstand a 120 continuous amp load!

•Two "Next Generation" .125 orifice Lightning nitrous solenoids. These are made in the U.S.A. and have a limited lifetime warranty!

•All NXd nitrous systems come standard with an extra capacity 15lb nitrous bottle equipped with the exclusive NX "Pure-Flo 45" bottle valve. Performance proven to be the highest flowing valve in the industry!

•Two .157 "Dry" nozzles, largest dry nozzle available!

•NX uses only made in the U.S.A. Aeroquip aircraft quality stainless braided hoses in all NXd systems.

•Heavy duty stainless steel bottle brackets are standard.

• All misc parts to install the system are included.*nx*

You can down load the acualy software for this system here on the NX site , and play with it ,
I llike to start flowing nitrous at 1 lbs of boost , and ramp it in as fast as possible, then at 85 % of total boost , I start to ramp down to 0 % by 95 % . This saves nitrous , and gets you launched, then goes away
I also like to launck at a lower boost , and let the nitrous move the truck, this saves transmissions .
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/downloads.htm

Comp, why do you not run it all the way,, doesent this affect your trap speed?

I really like that idea of bring on the juice early like that,, I am running my small shot on a WOT switch,, but I think I could run a much bigger solenoid if I did it that way instead

Kevin

Comp, why do you not run it all the way,, doesent this affect your trap speed?

I really like that idea of bring on the juice early like that,, I am running my small shot on a WOT switch,, but I think I could run a much bigger solenoid if I did it that way instead

Kevin

I do run it all the way when its all on the line and 2 to 3 lbs of nitrous a pass is ok on the budget.

I use this tune on people that want to get lots of use out of one 15 lbs bottle.
I also have a small amount of nitrous ramp up the turbo based on boost while your on the starting line

Back