grippy race/street tires...

toyo proxes comes in 265/70
30.6 inches tall 10.9 inches wide 2469 lbs per tire
It may be too little wieght capacity per tire though.

the old proxies did...the new version is no longer made in and thing smaller then an 18" rim:banghead: i would love to have proxies.

Check their website
265/70R16 112V 244010 7.0-8.0-9.0 30.6 10.9 11
275/60R16 109V 244020 7.5-8.0-9.5 28.9 10.9 11

sorry i just looked on toyo's website....im gonna kick my tire guy in the balls for telling me the only come in 18's

still open for other suggestions though

Cooper Zeon LTZ
LTZ_Zeon_Tread.jpg

Cooper Tires - Cooper Zeon LTZ - sport truck tires
Zeon LTZ LT265/75R16 123 R 0 E OWL 7 - 8 7.5 10.63 31.6 7.8 3415 16.5

I dont know if they make it in your size or not, but I have had great luck with the Falken STZ-04 tire. I have been in the 1.5's several times with these tires

thanks a lot guys....the coopers and the kumho's look like their geared a little more toward wet traction with less raw rubber contact area then the toyo's.

i was looking at those falkens they're pretty cheap and available in a size i like. thats awesome they got you some 1.5's...by looking at them i wouldn't think they would be that great

just talked to a different to a different toyo guy and the proxies are 130 a pop...not bad at all

decisions decisions

The toyo's are very affordable. I had to buy some for my 2wd dakota, in 17 inch wheel size they were still cheap. Oh yea, very very very quiet tire.

yea...the falkens would be good because they're available in a slightly taller and wider size but the toyo's are more proven so to speak....

eh ill probably end up with the toyo's and just deal with 2400+rpm highway travel...

thanks a lot guys....the coopers and the kumho's look like their geared a little more toward wet traction with less raw rubber contact area then the toyo's.

I would stay away from the Cooper Zeon LTZ. I ran them on a set of 20" wheels, and daily driving they wore well, and I love the look of them, but when I went to the track I had nothing but trouble trying to get traction with them.

I would stay away from the Cooper Zeon LTZ. I ran them on a set of 20" wheels, and daily driving they wore well, and I love the look of them, but when I went to the track I had nothing but trouble trying to get traction with them.

yea, to a extent you can tell by looking at different tread patterns what they're good for.

the falkens look decent..not as good as the proxies but the extra inch in hight will be nice.

like i sad the gearing in these early duramax's is terrible for highway travel. i used to run 35's back before i was addicted to racing and i thought that made the perfect gear ratio..:blahblah1:

Back