GTP38R stage 2 split shots.

jonhorrocks

So I just installed some stage 2 plit shots from Industrial Injection. I have a gtp38r on the way however it has the 1.0 housing and I hear there might be a problem with surge. Should I try and get a 1.15 housing before I install it?

My friend works for Industrial and their stage 2 are a 160cc Split. Stage 3 is a hybrid race single. The only advantage to the singl shot is less oil pressure required and they are a little louder(correct me if I am wrong). So my truck holding 2600 psi with thes splits I would imagine it wouldmt matter to go singles.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the surge problem is on the compressor side of the turbo. Usually the wicked wheel is the repair which is nothing more than a stock compressor wheel off of an OBS truck. That repair is for a stock turbo though and I don't know if a stock wicked wheel will fit into the turbo you just purchased due to housing differences, but it's worth asking about.

I'm running 250/200% hybrids on a 38r/1.0 housing........ precisely zero surge.

And singles will always outperform splits. Singles idle slightly different, but they aren't always louder. Some can even be quieter than a stock truck, depending mostly on your tuning.

As for your Stage II splits and your high oil pressure.... that's going to depend on your tuner's ability to keep the pulsewidth in check and in line with the nozzle size. It's very easy to open that pulsewidth up just a bit too long, and watch your ICP pressures plummet.

Back