gutting the bed ?'s for drag racing

powerstroke113

Post some pics up, doesnt have to be ford.....just need some ideas. How much weight did it drop?

I dont have any pics handy, but all I did was just the floor, and I would have to say it was good for 150 ish

I would talk to trentnell, he did it on his truck I think he said it dropped around 250lbs but I may be way off on that. I know he just used small square tube to brace the sides up and keep it looking like a truck.

2010_07_16_01_05_27.jpg

2010_08_01_21_54_55.jpg

here are some pics of mine , weight savings was 180-190 lbs , cost was less than 200.00 . not the best pics but its all i could find in my photo bucket , i would do it differently now but at the time it wroked and was pretty easy to build , i will be re-doing it this winter though .

DSCF2559.jpg

1-8-10033.jpg

1-8-10039.jpg

See I was way off. Trent what would you do different if you dont mind sharing? I'm seriously considering doing this for my old truck

See I was way off. Trent what would you do different if you dont mind sharing? I'm seriously considering doing this for my old truck

I would/ am going to build it so the bed sides are quick removable , so i can pull the sides and rear off in less than 5 minutes . other than that it has worked very well , and def worth the time .

Back