Had to make a parts run while at Scheids

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
Pulled Friday, Broke, tried to get a u-joint so I could re-hook at the end of the class.. Didn't bother with the weights :ylsuper:

weightson.jpg

Solved my wheely problem on the street though! :evil

AH HA! You've been trying to fool people into thinking you're breaking parts because of big power. But all along you've been breaking autozone parts! Shame on you!! :badidea:

Last edited:
JoeBob said:
AH HA! You've been trying to fool people into thinking you're breaking parts because of big power. But all along you've been breaking autozone parts! Shame on you!! :badidea:

LOL :evil

No, I was just searching all over Terre Haute for a solid U-joint for my front CV joint. Never did find one... was forced to use a "brute force" u joint.

Will probably have it broke again if I ever get my truck back together.:(

Bobcat698 said:
LOL :evil

No, I was just searching all over Terre Haute for a solid U-joint for my front CV joint. Never did find one... was forced to use a "brute force" u joint.

Will probably have it broke again if I ever get my truck back together.:(

at least you fix it and run again...my truck was broken for 37 days at the beginning of the summer, now its broke again and its been 34 days this time. ive only driven my truck for 15 days this summer.

getblown5.9 said:
at least you fix it and run again...my truck was broken for 37 days at the beginning of the summer, now its broke again and its been 34 days this time. ive only driven my truck for 15 days this summer.

LOL No such luck buddy.

Heres the full story:

Got out there, took the first hook Friday. Broke the U-Joint and Cardigan joint in the front shaft spooling up on the line... got that taken care of by Scheids (thanks for the great service) Thanks to Greg that hangs out with Dave's diesel, he donated a front shaft with an intact CV joint as well!

While waiting for that to be done, I noticed my hub was leaking gear oil.. Mark (Got Smoke) told me he had a seal, so we took the tire off to swap it out (piece of cake, or so we thought)
We were also going to take the brake shoes off that side because we thought they were rubbing due to the torn up backing plate. (the brakes were disconnected on that side) No such luck.
Turns out the hub bearings had welded themselves to the hub.. and No amount of beating could get them off the spindle.

My father came out from WI with a trailer and got me home though.

Fun Weekend.

Back