Haisley comp clutch rebuild??

seeker1056

gear head
HI all - was wonderin if anyone here has ever done a rebuild on a Haisley comp puller clutch.

I need to install a new pressure plate and floater due to a warped pressure plate.

The instructions make no sense in regards to setting static height and leaving the nylon blocks in place while doing so, and as well as tightening down the clutch to release the nylon blocks as tightening down the pressure plate would make it tighter as the fingers try to rise up

Especially so when the other instructions to adjust the clutch after repeated use say to set the pressure plate up without any blocks in it, but just by measuring the .110 gap between the stands and the plate and then using the steel bar to check finger height

So my first question is how do you get the nylon blocks out, and what is the proper way to set up one of these clutches on the bench

Or am I missing something all together.

With the nylon blocks in place I cant remove enough shims to get a .110 gap between the stands and the pressure plate.

confusaled and frustrated:bang

Last edited:
I assume you are referring to the blocks that hold the fingers released. They go between the fingers and the stamped cover. To set the "squish" those can not be installed from all of the ones I have done.

To remove those blocks you will want to bolt the pressure plate down then use a prybar to release the fingers farther and remove the blocks. Watch your fingers!!!

Good luck.

Back