Half ton frame questions

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
I bought a donor truck this past weekend to fix mine. After tearing mine apart I found that my frame looked like Swiss chesse from the cab back, so I doubt a nice solid club cab body and frame in North Carolina I picked up. This truck is a half ton and I can tell that the leaf springs and all the shackles look smaller then my old 3/4 ton stuff I'm curious if the actual frame itself is smaller/lighter. I'm trying to get down to 5000lbs so hopefully my new frame/suspension will help with that

I heard somewhere that the 1/2 and 3/4 tons used the same frame on the non-intercooled trucks. So if your truck is a 91.5 -93 yes you would be saving weight by swapping

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

A true club cab should still have the heavier frame, even though it's a half ton.
Yes, some brackets and springs may be lighter, but the frame itself should still be the tall version.

Mark.

A true club cab should still have the heavier frame, even though it's a half ton.
Yes, some brackets and springs may be lighter, but the frame itself should still be the tall version.

Mark.

Do you know if a 91 w250 gas truck(single cab-longbed) would have a tall frame or small frame? And if they put dana 60 in those? Looking at buying one to put a cummins in.

A 1991 Single Cab Longbed W-250 will be the shorter frame rails.
The Dana 60 was available in those trucks, but the NP205 was also part of the package, you couldn't get one without the other.

The Dana 60 also has lockouts, while the Dana 44 did not, which makes identifying them simple enough.

Mark.

A 1991 Single Cab Longbed W-250 will be the shorter frame rails.
The Dana 60 was available in those trucks, but the NP205 was also part of the package, you couldn't get one without the other.

The Dana 60 also has lockouts, while the Dana 44 did not, which makes identifying them simple enough.

Mark.

Thanks! I figured it had a 44 because it didn't have locking hubs by looking at the pictures.

Back