hard shifting in an 05

mclunas

my uncle took his 05 duramax into the dealer the other day for it shifting hard and erratic. they blamed it on a dirty fuel filter/system... they also did a trans flush and cleaned out the whole fuel system (lines injectors etc.)
The reason i question the fuel system being the problem is because my uncle is a really good mechanic, he stays on top of his vehicles, the latest fuel filter in the truck only had about 4000 miles on it.
Also if the fuel system was that dirty wouldnt it have logged a code at least??? what do you guys think did he get:eek:wned:

I deffaniltly dont see a dirty fuel filter doing this. Is this truck all stock or what??

I deffaniltly dont see a dirty fuel filter doing this. Is this truck all stock or what??

duramaxin14 said:

Yup truck is completely stock, no chip, exhaust, intake, nothing:bang

Yes, a clogged fuel filter on a DMax will make the tranny shift erratic. Same reason that having tuners that change power levels causes the same issue. I can always tell when I'm starting to get a clogged filter because my tranny will start shifting too soon.

mclunas said:
my uncle took his 05 duramax into the dealer the other day for it shifting hard and erratic. they blamed it on a dirty fuel filter/system... they also did a trans flush and cleaned out the whole fuel system (lines injectors etc.)
The reason i question the fuel system being the problem is because my uncle is a really good mechanic, he stays on top of his vehicles, the latest fuel filter in the truck only had about 4000 miles on it.
Also if the fuel system was that dirty wouldnt it have logged a code at least??? what do you guys think did he get:eek:wned:

It wont always set a code. In fact I intentionally ran one over 15K to see how far it would go and it finally got to where couldnt pull a hill and still didnt get a code. Have the dealer reset the TAP's and then tell him to drive it normally for two weeks.

DangrousDuramax said:
It wont always set a code. In fact I intentionally ran one over 15K to see how far it would go and it finally got to where couldnt pull a hill and still didnt get a code. Have the dealer reset the TAP's and then tell him to drive it normally for two weeks.

I agree. Seen it many times.

Back