Has anybody made an engine brake for the B-series yet?

Begle1

I've been hearing about somebody's machinist uncle making an engine brake for the B-series for 20 years now.

Has anybody actually made it work yet? What's the closest anybody's gotten?

Jacob's or pacbrake have an actual valve actuator system, but the issue is that there isn't enough brake horsepower from that low a displacement to be worth while.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Aw man, that Thunderbrake looks sweet. Can't find a $200,000 funder? Too bad.

It looks like PacBrake sells (sold?) the real one. Says it's discontinued for all except 2003-2006 Dodges.

LoadLeash Engine Brake Pacbrake

Anybody ever have one?

The load leash isn't timed like a jake, it just opens all the exhaust valves. It still needs an exhaust brake to work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Drove a friend's second gen 6 speed with the Jacob's brake and I was loaded with a case 1845. It did pretty decent I thought, nothing like an actual Jake but would definitely save your brakes of you hauled heavy a lot.

The load leash isn't timed like a jake, it just opens all the exhaust valves. It still needs an exhaust brake to work.

I'm trying to conceptualize how this works... Holding the exhaust valve open with the exhaust brake clamped shut... Does that make an exhaust brake around twice as effective as it would be otherwise? Because now the compression stroke is a second exhaust stroke?

But it doesn't sounds anything like a real engine brake? What's it sound like, a solid whooshing? Nothing at all?

Are you positive?

I bought one for my 2010 which is still laying in my office, but I was under the impression it tied into the engine computer to use oil pressure to open the exhaust valves right before the injector fired.

Not exactly as good as a real Jake, but when used with the VGT exhaust brake, very effective.

If anyone needs one for a 2010 6.7L, I don't need this one LOL
Chris

Are you positive?

I bought one for my 2010 which is still laying in my office, but I was under the impression it tied into the engine computer to use oil pressure to open the exhaust valves right before the injector fired.

Not exactly as good as a real Jake, but when used with the VGT exhaust brake, very effective.

If anyone needs one for a 2010 6.7L, I don't need this one LOL

Chris
This is my understanding.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Ones I installed have a noticeable difference with the load leash on
Not sure it’s it’s quite double tho

Load leash is now discontinued. I received a phone call a month back from a buddy in Pacbrake's tech/development department & he said a customer is suing them claiming the load leash took out his engine. From what was described to me & asked my opinion on if it sounded legit, I think not, but unfortunately one clown can ruin it for all.

Back