Have ? About Muffler On Mbrp Exhaust

TDS06

I Just Installed My Turbo Back 4 Inch Exhaust On My 2006 6l. And I Am Surprised How Quiet It Is. I Wasnt Real Sure When I Put Muffler On Which Way It Went As In (inlet And Outlet). The Pics In The Directions Sucked. Any Help Would Be Great. Do I Want The Air Flow To Hit The Ridges Sticking Up Or Flow Over Them?

You want the exhaust to flow over the ridges (ridges opening towards the back). That makes the exhaust louder out the back. Turn the muffler around so the ridges catch the exhaust if you want it quieter.

Ben

TDS06,

dieselex is right flows over the closed side of the louvers. Get a cat test pipe, that'll liven up the sound and the turbo whistle. I would say probably 90% of the MBRP 6.0 systems we sell get a cat test pipe initially or in a few weeks after installing it.

Mark @ DPPI

What is the change in the sound when replacing the cat, and leaving the muffler.
I like the whistle, but don't really want the truck louder ?:thankyou2:

BAF250 said:
What is the change in the sound when replacing the cat, and leaving the muffler.

Quite a bit more whistle but not really any louder in cab. This is what I run and am very happy with it

Who all sells the test pipe?
Do they bolt right in?:thankyou2:
About how many $$.

Bill

BAF250,

We stock the ones that fit the stock system and the ones that fit the MBRP systems as well. They don't like us to post prices so just call us but they aren't much.

Mark @ DPPI

not cat no muffler is the best sounding truck out there. Some jealuos (sp) guys at work say they hate it but i see them smile every time i pull my truck in.:bow:

BAF250 said:

What year is yours? I have that setup, if you want to hear it let me know. I'm just around the corner. It sounds SWEEEEEEET!

I have the cat delete mbrp and run a muffler and it screams when its in the power band. best sounding truck Ive heard other than some ford dually on a sled video here I heard.

I have no cats and no mufflers. I love the way it sounds. It's not loud when you towing on the highway either which I thinks is most important.

just a dumb question... does removing the CAT void the 100,000 mi. warrenty for the motor? and does the truck require any backpressure from the muffler and or the cat... ie.. without either will the preformance suffer? i already have no muffler with 4" from the turbo... but i have a cat and desire the BIG WHISTLE!

Hate to revive an ancient thread, but the question I needed answered was the last post on this thread- there was no answer (at least I used the search button)...

Just bought an Excursion 6.0L, with no cat and no muffler. Sounds fine, but I don't think the people on my right side enjoy driving next to me...Should I install a cat/muffler? If so, which one?
Also, those of you running no cats or mufflers, how do you pass inspection?

my muffler is sitting parallel with my garage wall... it flows really well there! Been running wide open since I got it and love it! this thing SCREAMS at WOT, everyone (i mean EVERYone) will close their window as I go by!

Back