HE351CW compressor wheel upgrade?

Mr. Bob

I was going to replace my HE351CW, but I got to talking with my buddy and we were looking at putting the 64mm hx40 10 blade turbine wheel in and machining the exhaust housing, and opening up the waste gate to 15/16" or 24mm

Did my research, seems like a great upgrade for the price.

But the compressor wheel upgrades all seen really expensive, and from what I read the 62mm upgraded wheel does not flow much more than the stock 60mm wheel.

Not sure if $400 on a batmowheel is worth it?

Is there a wheel really worth the money? Or am I best to leave the stock wheel and make a 60/64/9?

Thanks
Bob

I have a comparison picture of them side by side. I decided I would build one two years ago and it ran pretty good. I ran it as a single and with compounds. I can get the pic to upload. I can email it or text if you want to view it.

I was going to replace my HE351CW, but I got to talking with my buddy and we were looking at putting the 64mm hx40 10 blade turbine wheel in and machining the exhaust housing, and opening up the waste gate to 15/16" or 24mm

Did my research, seems like a great upgrade for the price.

But the compressor wheel upgrades all seen really expensive, and from what I read the 62mm upgraded wheel does not flow much more than the stock 60mm wheel.

Not sure if $400 on a batmowheel is worth it?

Is there a wheel really worth the money? Or am I best to leave the stock wheel and make a 60/64/9?

Thanks
Bob

from what i have gathered, its best to just save your money and put it to a whole turbo. also if you do the batmowheel, everything will not be balanced. just what ive heard :Cheer:

Back