Hello from north of the border

ogrer

My name is Bob Hlywka, Jponder recommended this iste.

I have my first diesel, a Ram 3500 CTD, 2006. I am looking to learn a few things before I start to play with this engine.

In the past, done the bike thing, flat track, ice and dirt. Dragged a few cars, fasted time ever just over 12 with a manual shift Z28. Done a few demo derbys. a built a few cars.

Now I am on to my new toy. I have a lot to learn, as I do not no a thing about diesels, other than my truck came with a lot of testosterone.

Like my truck, now I have to learn how to.

Bob

Hey Ogrer,
This place is nicer than RV.Net, Not that i dont like making people on that site have nerveous break downs cause I do, Its alot harder to stir these guys up over here. Most of the chit chat on here is in the Pit Chat section.
Course they have section for the Diesel trucks also

Hey, Did you ever hear the riddle about the Plane on a conveyor belt????

Ponder ...wern't you warned about the Plane???

Welcome to the site ..maybe we can learn you something about that truck of yours..

Ogrer, what kind of MPG you seeing in that 06? We got a guy on here who is seeing real poor mileage

My guess is about 13 to 14 MPG US. Long hauls only, I don't use mine to day trip, so I have used it 3 times. It still is not broken in, 6000 KM or 3600 miles its on its second oil change.
But it is way better than my 318 was for the same trip.

Josh, do you have a dealer up here? I need a turn down extension.

Bob

Back