help !! have a squeal

Hi I have a 05 6.0 liter diesel. I have a squeal when my turbo builds boost and its not the turbo whistle as this noise just started a month ago. I haven't drove the truck much since the noise started. I replaced the rubber tubes that connect to the turbo and still didn't solve the problem. It has a afe cold air intake on it and had a flat gasket on the intake manifold where the plastic elbow connects to. I also replaced that gasket and its still making that high pitched squealing noise. Any ideas??!!! Also the truck is straight piped 5" and had head studs and egr delete

No, its a constant squeal and the noise isn't coming from the turbo area I can't quite figure our where its from but it almost sounds like by the driver front by the intake area. I replaced thy rubber boot because it had a small crack in it and I could only tell it did while running because it bubbled around the crack

It builds boost fine I did have one of the bolts on the intake manifold strip so I heilcoiled that. The bolt that stripped holds down my plastic elbow on top of the manifold. The heilcoil is holding awesome but still have that squeal. I'm almost tempted to buy a new AFE elbow but I don't know if thats the cause and I don't want to put a 250$ un needed part

Plastic and boost do not mix. Toss all plastic in trash and replace with metal and rubber.

Up pipe or y pipe bellows when busted make a heck of a screech on any truck with a vgt

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Headgaskets ?, the GF truck had been pressurizing the degas bottle then it builds any boost. never puked or used coolant.

I would say it's a cracked drivers side up pipe bellow, time to do an EGR delete and make all that emissions nastiness disappear and don't look back. Mine was terrible until I had time to get the truck in and have the delete done.

Was the up pipe replaced or was there a block off slug put in the stock up pipe?

42be9843-c4de-4f04.jpg

This is the most recent one we did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mine has a whistle. Solid passenger side up-pipe. Checked all the boots and they are fine. Thinking it is one of the two flex points in the y-pipe, like in the picture above.

Hey guys sorry for getting back to this thread so late but I finally had the time to take it in. I feel like an idiot I didn't think of this but around my intake manifold where the elbow connects wasn't making a complete tight seal. All he did was put gasket silicone around it to help seal it off. Ill find out Friday evening if this worked. He also had checked that pipe (pictured above) and everything is fine there's no cracks. Thanks again for all your help guys!

Back