Help me decide

JTProuhet

The other day i picked up a nail on the road, head it come out, and within a half mile the tire was flat. so i had to put my spare on. It is a black steel wheel.. Well i put my chrome center cap on just so i didnt have to worry about it blowign out of the back or anything.. Well after seeing it i kind of liked the way it looked. So here is what i have been thinking about doing since.

Taking the cladding off the the OEM steelies and then sand blast them and paint them black. And then either get some chrome lugnuts or just use my chrome center cap again..

The tires in the picture are the stock size, i am ordering new tires today in size 315/70r17 so that should make it look a little better...

So what do you think? keep the chrome cladding or take it off and go with black wheels?

Attachments

• JEREMY 003.jpg
    JEREMY 003.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 34
  • JEREMY 004.jpg
    JEREMY 004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25
  • JEREMY 005.jpg
    JEREMY 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 27
I was thinking of that too, but how would you get the chrome cladding off??

big pry bar i guess...lol

but i run my dually in the winter with gloss blacked wheels and the centers. i love the look.

they are just glued on... flip the cladding down and then just take a flat screwdriver and hammer as much as you can down and then flip the wheel over and pry the rest of it off... i was thinking about doing that and then sandblasting the rims to get everything off and then throw a good coat of primer and new paint....

I got some H2 wheels.. One of them has some corrosion under the clear coat, so i am going to just paint them black... Does anyone know how the right way to paint them would be with them having that clear coat on them?

Back