Help me. Flooded the truck!

94adam89

Backwoods Dieselhead
Me n my buddy got into a pinch tonight and had to take his 02 chevy into a crick. It shut off and we couldnt get it started. And by the way we made it through but it was deep. After waiting a few minutes it did statt and we drove off.

It smokes like crazy now tho. Sounds fine runs fine and drives fine but smokes bad at an idle. Could it be a wet sensor? Maybe wet wires? Anyone did that before thanks all?

l would pull glows, Marvel mystery oil down the hole. def have the sensors checked, motors dont like water

probly bent some rods if it runs fine but smokes like crazy. Did you hydro lock it?

Air filter wet? Clean the mass air sensor?
How deep of a "crick" (creek) did you go through?

Oh it was deeper than we thought. We will just leave it at that

Yeah the air filter was wet. The water wasnt near as high as the filter but he flogged it through and the water rushed up against the front of the truck

All i know is its an 02. So im guessing LB7. Im leaning towards bent rods. When we got through the truck shut off and it wouldnt crank over. Although the starter was trying. The filter was wet so we took it off. I gave him ur number Lee.

Can we check compression to tell if a rod is bent? Couldnt we pull the glowplugs and check and see that they all have comparable compression? Im assuming a bent rod would make for a noticeable less amount?

not sure if it would show a bent rod,unless it is really bent. the compressoin test sure coulnt hurt

Going to attempt to check compression today. Hopeing i have the right adapter for my gauge.

Going to pull a few connectors and check some plugs. Im really hoping not a bent rod. Or anything bent for that matter. Could water in the cylinder damage an injector? I suppose the excess pressure in there could mess a tip up or somthing?

watrer inside the enigne will mess it up, water dont compress, and it causes rust too

Yeah i understand the water wont compress and causes rust. What im getting at is would it cause an injector to go bad before it would bend something ? I know that this is a very broad question. Im not a duramax guy. Ive never touched one. Im a dodge guy haha

Damutt hit the nail on the head. Water does not compress. I would guess it has bent rods.

on the luckiest side of things, you are just burning off the water in the exhaust. that is my wishful thought of the day.

on the luckiest side of things, you are just burning off the water in the exhaust. that is my wishful thought of the day.

Haha i wish. Its definetly a fuel smoke. It hazes as bad as my p pumped 24v maybe even worse!

High positive balance rates with little smoke usually means bent rods... If u hook efi live up on it to check

High positive balance rates with little smoke usually means bent rods... If u hook efi live up on it to check

It had a balance rate of 15 on #4. Did a compression test and #4 was only at 250psi. Pulled the injectors and took measurements, #4 rod is approx .015" too short.

It had a balance rate of 15 on #4. Did a compression test and #4 was only at 250psi. Pulled the injectors and took measurements, #4 rod is approx .015" too short.

That sucks, water can be the death of an engine quickly.

I'm surprised that it didn't hydrolock completely.

I'm down in York, PA btw :Cheer:

Back