Help me pick a turbo

MMAguy

Ok guys, I use this truck mainly for towing. It's a powerstroke 03' 6.0L I have EGR delete, 3 1/2" turbo back exhaust, stage 2 intake, intake horn, SCT programmer, head studs and I want to do a turbo now. I may or may not do injectors later. it depends on how work keeps going. If it keeps going crazy, I'm buying a new 6.7. Anyways, this truck is used mostly for towing, tires are 265's and gears are 3:73. I really like the VGT. Please give me all info, good or bad. If you tried a turbo and it sucked, please tell me. If you really liked one, let me know, here's what I am looking at,

Industrial injection VGT stage 1 or stage 2 (more likey a 1)

Elite diesel's GT-SR VGT turbo

Trusted performance- they have a new turbo coming next month (hybrid maybe?)

Liberator performance- 64mm VGT turbo, websites claims lower EGT's, quicker spoolup, you name it

Innovative diesel- they have II stage 1 hybrid, they also have a stage 2 VGT, either pick a 62mm or 64mm VGT. This one alos says stronger than stock, quicker spoolup and 200 degree lower egt

Turbo engineering_these are the 3 models I am looking at, says they are upgraded VGT turbo's

The Stage I/White Lighting is a 62mm inducer/87mm exducer Compressor Wheel and flows 53lb/min at a 2.5 pressure ratio. Also, has a efficiency of 74%.

The Stage II/Silver Lighting is a 64.7mm inducer/88mm exducer Compressor Wheel and flows 60lb/min at a 2.5 pressure ratio. Also, has a efficiency of 72%

The Stage III/Black Lighting is a 77mm Tubine Wheel with a 66mm inducer/96mm exducer Compressor Wheel and flows 70lb/min at a 2.5 pressure ratio. Also, has a efficiency of 70%

DEFUSER turbo- vgt hybid turbo +4mm compressor wheel

Spartan 64mm non-vgt turbo (don't ask me why, maybe it's special)

Please throw out all opinions and experiences...thanks

You forgot about the new Garrett unit that is out not that your list is short by any means.

I heard the garrett unit is quite reasonable as well...I'm still up in the air...

Why don't you go with Elite's turbo? In my opinion they are the go to guys for6.0's and have proven it at the DPC in 2006. just my 2 cents. Your dang sure looking at bunch of different one's lol. Hope your turbo search turns out well buddy

Thanks Dura, I appreciate the kind words. I love the vgt's turbo's. A world of difference from the 64mm over S480 on my cummins....I just hopeI get the performance. Suppose to be the same type of spoolup and launch but harder and stronger. Good for 175hp more than the stock unit. I damn near stole, all brand new and $500 cheaper than anyone stage 1 or stage 2, non rebuild. Call the guys at brown's diesel, the internals look great. This deal is only going a short time longer, the reps screwed up they priced them way to low so look for the price to double. Buy it now, wait until mine is running and I give you feedback. If I tell you it isn't worth it, send it back. I love elite diesel but this turbo looks every bit as good as elite's vgt-ss. The inducer wheel is just .8mm smaller...I will be driving and towing with this truck wednesday. Anyone that wants me to pm or call them in regaurds to peformance, please do so. And like I said, brand new turbo, no core required and it;s well under $1,700. Just trying to help my fellow fenatics...You guys have been a big help to me, being a cummins guy, when people sau "injectors", I've ran 6 sets and I'll tell ya straight up to buy industrial injection or don M flux injectors...

I have Liberator's 64X88 turbo and I'm selling it now but I loved it, gave lots of power and it's really instant instant instant boost, and I mean instant! it's the best one I've had.

Back